Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week Nine: 3/2-3/8

Only in North Carolina do we go from snow, ice and missing 8 of the last 10 days of school to 76 degrees! This has been a crazy week!!

Thankfully the boys went back to school on Monday. I think we were all ready for our routine back. There was a lot of hubbub and drama this week about how the school system was going to handle make up days. They totally didn't go by what the school calendar said would be policy. Options ranged from making the kids go on Good Friday and some Saturdays (ugh) to adding days to the school year to using Spring Break. I was in favor of Spring Break...I mean shoot, they just had almost two weeks off! And besides, that is what the calendar said would happen. So they ended up using a combination of "comping" days due to how many banked hours of instruction there were and taking a few days of Spring Break. 
Coral pants Wednesday on 76 degree day. Have never worn coral pants in my life but they make me so happy. =) 

As March rolled around, and funny enough warmer weather too, it's time to register for Summer Camps. I tried to get Eli and Cole to agree to go to a sleep away camp. But they were not interested. Eli's response was "No, I want to stay with my sweet and precious Mom." Um yeah, I think he just wants to drive me crazy. =) On the good side though, it saves us a lot of money. Sleep away camp is expensive! I did manage to get them registered this weekend for all their summer camps. 

Friday night we had the Annual School Silent Auction. It was a fun time and I snagged a week at Camp Kanata for less than it would have cost me otherwise so that was pretty cool. Lots of neat stuff but some of the bidding just went too high. There were some cool trips (think tropical destinations) but we don't have any of those in our future. While the parents walked around and spent money, the kids got to watch a movie so that was fun. 

Saturday, the boys (and Tim!) worked on their spear throwing skills in the back yard. Got to get ready for Spartan Season! 
 Cole Ninja
 Eli Ninja
Spartan Daddy - he definitely does not want that 30 burpee penalty this year! 

Sunday after church, we loaded up for a family bike ride on the Neuse River Greenway. It was super nice and so fun to do. I pulled Cole on the trail-a-bike, he's getting much better at helping pedal. Soon he'll be on his own bike without a tow from Mommy! 
Strong boys!
My little cyclists - love them. 
My riding partner
The view behind
Daddy's teaching Eli how to lead a pace line. 

Break / Snack time near Uncle Mike's bridge
Hey Uncle Mike!!
The family that rides together......
Riding with the Big Dawgs - you go Cole!
Post ride G2. That's what they work for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment