Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Week Fifty-Two: 12/21-12/28 and the end of the year......

Week 52, the last one of 2014. Wow. This has been a super fun fast busy year. Here are some highlights of a few things we did after Christmas this last week. 

Friday the 26th - I managed a long run at Umstead - 12.25 miles. I was pretty dang happy about that. Also took Eli to Target to "trade" his dirt bike ramp. 

Saturday I got hustled playing Monopoly Jr. with the boys. This was my actual Facebook post about the experience "I think I got hustled today. Not so sure it was Eli and Cole's first game of Monopoly Jr. I got beat pretty bad by the Nelson Brothers. Had to sell off properties to pay rent and could never save myself. Future businessmen?". They REALLY enjoyed beating me. I'm sure they won't like it so much when I win but today was fun. 

With all the Lego sets built, Tim and Eli started on the Erector sets. We love to build around here!!
Somehow Cole hurt his ear. I think he and Eli were wrestling or something but it hurt enough that he needed an ice pack so I wrapped his head in a dish towel to keep in on. Got to make it work! 

Sunday we went to church and the boys went to Target with Daddy. I swear it was our 3rd day IN A ROW of being at Target. I guess there are worst places to visit. ;-) And, as usual after the holidays, I turned into a crazy psycho cleaning lady. You could't get too close to me or sit still for too long because I'd bag you up to donate. Tim always laughs at me how much I keep things moving OUT of the house but all it takes is one commercial for 'Hoarders' and he's thankful. 

Monday was back to work for me. I haven't been at my job long enough to have enough vacation built up so I had to work and Tim did some house projects while the boys were at the Y. 
THIS was the rest of my Christmas present. Seriously I asked for it! I wanted Tim to reconfigure the steps on our garage (they used to go to the left - where the frig is now). We were losing so much wall space and we never try to park a car in here so I wanted to maximize my sight lines to the driveway and have wall space for my "stock pile" of stuff. 

I worked Mon, Tues and today (New Year's Eve) and I swear, based on traffic going into work, there must have been only 32 people working today. We made it a short day but it was a work day nonetheless. Bummer! Maybe next year I'll be off. 

And our plan for New Year's Eve........SLEEP! We plan to usher in 2015 by sleeping. Tim and I are not big New Year's party fans and would rather sleep and get up to ride or something on New Year's Day than anything else. We might be awake or wake up for it but I highly doubt it. The boys are already asleep and we're not too far behind. Tomorrow.....a NEW YEAR! 

Goodbye 2014.....

No comments:

Post a Comment