Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week Twenty Eight: 7/7-7/13

This week included birthday parties, a new baby and lots of fun at school and the Y. Here we go....

Monday: After school, Cole went to the Rainbow Room to celebrate his buddy Wyatt's 5th birthday. The kids all had fun running around and slowed down just enough to grab a bite of pizza and cupcake. Then....after the party, when the boys were in bed and all was quiet, I signed Tim & I up to do the Spartan Super Race in SC on October 26th. Not sure if that was a good idea or not but it's done now!! All thanks to my high school friend Joheliah who messaged me and then texted me to see if I'd do it with her. I ignored her last week but couldn't ignore it any longer so we're IN! 
Will, Wyatt, Cole - Wyatt's birthday is the day before Cole's! 

Thursday was another busy fun day this week. First, my dear sweet friend Kara had her baby girl Ruby early that morning so I was able to sneak away from work early and spend some wonderful time alone with her and Miss Ruby. We probably talked more without being interrupted than we have since Eli and Owen were wee little babies! Thursday was also Cole's Royal Ball at school. He sported a custom made king crown and his royal cape for the festivities. That night we went to the Y Family Night (oh how Eli loves the Y!!) for the annual Talent Show. It was so much fun to be part of. I always get a little emotional inside at these things because I'm so grateful that the boys have the opportunities and fun that they have. 
Sweet Baby Ruby
King Coleman takes a bow
Y Family Night - a big group!
Cole, still wearing his crown, fits right in like he goes there. 
See what I mean? Right up front!! 

Friday night Cole was super excited that I picked up his cookie cake. His ENTIRE birthday party was done around this alligator (or maybe it's crocodiles. Who knows?) cookie cake. He saw an alligator cookie when we picked out one a while back and decided he wanted one. So an alligator pool party was born! 

Special birthday cookie
Eli had a rough Friday - he got stung by something in the back yard. It went up his shirt - ouch!!
I originally had only planned to have the cookie but last minute I decided to make cupcakes and I had one willing helper who loves to lick the mixer blades. 

Saturday was Cole's birthday party. Unlike every other party we've had, this time we did not have it at home. We went to a local public wading pool / splash ground. It was hot so the kids could have fun in the water. They all seemed to have fun and Cole was happy so I'd call it a success! 
Since the party wasn't at home, I was able to get in a run before the party. 
Saturday was Grandma C's birthday so we had a present for her. 
I had no idea what to get her but then it hit me to do a picture book of our vacation. A few late nights and some speedy shipping, I was able to get it just in time for her birthday! She loved it!
Birthday boy enjoying the cool water
Ethan, Cole, Carson - buddies at school
Erin and Jeff with Kaleb and Keegan - sweet cousins
SOOO happy for his cookie cake
This picture just cracks me up. Boys being boys celebrating Happy Birthday. 
Eli and Cole with their cousins - Eli and Connor, Cole with Kaleb and Keegan. 
Best Family Shot we got - it was chaos out there!
Billy, Niki and Connor
Grandma C and her boys - Cole was not particularly interested in another picture. =) 
I don't get enough pictures of me & my Mom - love you Mom!! 
 A little silliness - Saturday night after the party, we had movie night and the boys introduced Grandma & Grandpa N to 'Despicable Me'. Cole got several shirts, towels and other stuff. Both of the boys love the Minions and I have to admit, I do too! 
Grandma & Grandpa N came to the party and spent the night with us. They love their grandsons so much! 

That wraps up another fun amazing week at our house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment