Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cole's 5th birthday party!

Today was THE day. The day Cole has been waiting for - his Alligator pool party!! It all started a while back when we went to buy Ms. Denise a big cookie for her birthday. He saw a big cookie with alligators on it and decided right then and there that he was having an Alligator pool party. So what's a Momma to do other than give him one. =) This year I decided to take the "easy route" and have his party at a local public pool that has a shallow kids pool and a splash ground. It was awesome and the kids had a blast but I had no idea it would be so busy there. Oh well!! Cole loved it and had so much fun with friends and family. I'm going to use the pictures to tell about the party. Hard to believe our little dude really is FIVE and is growing up so fast. 

I wanted to do have the kids Adopt an Alligator as their party favor. I couldn't find any stuffed alligators I liked at a reasonable cost so I ended up making them. Yes...making them! It was a lot of work but they turned out so cool! 
Birthday Boy!! 
THIS was hilarious! Eli got all excited that "Renee" was at the pool. Apparently she's a little girl that he likes at Y camp. He totally checked out of Cole's party for at least 15 minutes and was just talking to her and hanging out in the pool. He even asked if she could come to Cole's party (i.e. pizza and cookie) - I said yes but she ended up leaving before we got to the cookie part. 
Kaleb, Keegan and Grandma
Cole and his peeps - Ethan and Carson
The Ks loved the water. So glad my brother, Erin and the boys were able to come up. 



LOTS of fun play time on the Splash Ground. 
Hi Connor!! Thankful that Billy, Niki and Connor made the trip up for the party too.
LOTS of kids....not all of them were Cole's party. But he had a lot of friends there. 


Erin, Jeff and the Ks. No idea how she does it - twin boys AND my brother?! 
Oh my goodness, the cuteness kills me - Eli and Renee. 
Time to get the party started....
Pizza time! The kids had worked up an appetite in the water. 
Cole and Ethan 
Happy Birthday Cole-man! Love you Infinity!!! 
Here it is - THE cookie that started it all. Alligators!! And Cole was so happy. Which, of course, made Mommy really happy. =)
I love this picture - just a fun image of Cole's friends celebrating him.
Happy Birthday to You.....
I hope you get your wish!
Cole's big piece of cookie - of course, he had to get his own alligator. 
Connor enjoyed Aunt Evia's cupcakes. 
And he loved picking out and adopting his own alligator. (I don't know that I took any actual pictures but the mouths were big zippers and opened and closed. I think I made 18 or 19 of them!)
Best shot we could get of all five cousins - Eli and Cole look so BIG next to the littles. It's going to only get better and more fun as they grow up together. 
Family shot (should have kept my glasses on!)
Cole was super excited when we got home and let him open his gifts. 

Love Minions!
Yes you are buddy, yes you are!
Grandma N was sure to get Eli a matching one - LOVE IT!
Eli was so sweet and gentle with Connor. 
Making faces on the glass door and making him laugh. So cute to watch. 
Happy in the swing
One of Cole's gifts was a stomp rocket and he immediately took it outside to play. 
Jumping off the truck to get extra "oomph"
and seeing how high it would go. 
Of course, Eli had to have a turn too. 
My "baby" brother Billy, Niki and their baby Connor - hard to believe we're all grown up!!
Cole was D-O-N-E with pictures and everything in general by the time Grandma C left. But I thought this was a cute one anyway. We're thankful for everyone who made the trip up to celebrate our Cole-man. Grandma & Grandpa N are here too spending the night. Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment