Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week Two: 1/6 -1/12

Oh my goodness....an up and down week! We started the week cold, all bunded up, Cole was diagnosed with strep and then by the weekend, we were outside in shorts! These NC winters are crazy sometimes. 

So my poor Cole-man. On Wednesday, he seemed ok and we took him to school. By mid-morning his teacher texted me that Cole was having a hard day - crying, eyes red and puffy (asked if he had allergies) and he was just generally miserable. When I decided to come pick him up, she said I might want to make a doctor's appointment for him - so I did on the way. Then I got a call that he had a super high fever, over 102! My poor little man. =(  So we went to the doctor and when he looked at Cole, without runny nose / coughing he didn't feel it was the flu. Not out of the question but thought it might be strep. Cole had not really complained about this throat so that was a surprise to me. He had to do a strep test (throat culture) and that was not fun. Once he finished and Cole sat up, he threw up all over the place, including on me. Got it cleaned up and a few quick minutes later Doc came back in to tell us his test was positive. Oh no! Both of my boys will probably be just as prone to strep as me. I think I got it annually when I was little and get it about every two years as an adult. Ugh!! So off we headed to Target to get his prescription filled. While we waited, I let him go to the toy "island" - yes, it's so precious that Cole calls it the "toy island" instead of toy aisle. But it really kinda is an island in the store that the kids are drawn to!! With as bad as he was feeling, I couldn't say no to his request for a Lego set - I'm weak, what can I say?! 

This weekend was just the opposite.....nice warm weather and everyone happy and healthy. The boys played outside and helped Tim wash / clean my truck. There's a chance that we might be trading it in. I've put in for a vehicle transfer at CarMax so it should be here soon for us to test drive. No guarantee but we want to be ready. Amazing how my old truck looks with some love!!

This boys LOVES oranges!
Sweet bundled up brothers
Strep throat = Legos 
Eli's awesome art work from school - this one is definitely going on the wall!
Friday night we made aliens.....special request from the boys. This was Big Sam. It all started with a little alien figure that Eli got from the treasure chest at school. Since he wouldn't let Cole play with it, I made Cole one of his own! Complete with bendy pipe cleaner arms and legs. 
Hard at work
I think the boys were wiping dirt off, not on
Water, bubbles, boys - always fun!
They then decided to wash their own trucks.

Oh the cuteness!!
Isn't she beautiful?! 
Hard to believe she's almost 12 years old!!
These two really do love each other.
Simple hugs turn into wrestling matches 
and flopping all over each other! 

No comments:

Post a Comment