Sunday, January 5, 2014

Week One: 1/1-1/5

Ok, so this is really 1/2-1/5 since I already covered New Year's Day - minor details!!

The start of the new year was kinda funny. I had on our family schedule that Eli was supposed to be at the Y on Thursday and Friday for Schools Out Special days. Well, it's a good thing his Principal left a voice mail for all the parents because he actually had school Thursday! I work for a neighboring school system and those students don't go back to school until Monday so I was seriously confused! So that was one silly move on my party......but that was only the beginning. Thursday night I also had in my mind that the boys had swim lessons (they have them every Thursday at 5:30). I was super excited to take them because I usually don't get to make it. So we got everyone ready and headed over there....only to find them closed. What?! So I checked my email and swim lessons don't resume until NEXT week. Where is my brain?!! It's going to be a long year if I'm going to be this forgetful. =) 

Saturday was a super fun day. A friend of ours was given two tickets and a parking pass to the NC State / Pittsburgh basketball game and asked if I wanted them. A super quick call to Tim and of course I said YES! The only problem was that there were just two tickets. So Eli & I went while Tim & Cole had some quality time together. Eli absolutely loved being at the game. It didn't matter that we were in the TOP row of our section (BUT our parking pass was front row - I'll take it!). We were there!! It was also fun to see some of our friends on the concourse at half time (totally coincidence). The Pack started off great but ended up losing 74-62. Eli had a great time regardless and, unlike the football game, we stayed the entire time. Super fun with my big boy. I see many more State sporting events in our future!! GO PACK!

 I had to go to one of our schools Thursday and saw this bike/car thing. I've seen them before but not up close. It's and Elf by Organic Transit . Apparently solar powered and pedal powered - $5k if you're interested!
Wolfpack Boy - his 1st State basketball game
I texted this to the whatever number to see if we could get on the Jumbotron - didn't happen. =( 
View from our seats - the cool thing was that there were huge tvs up there so we could see the game up close. We had no problem knowing what was going on though.  
Go Wolfpack! 
Like Mommy, Like Son! 
Warm ups 
Let's get this game going! 
Eli thought these students holding bricks up were hilarious.  
 He absolutely loved it!
And was completely wiped out when it was over! Notice the stuffed Wolf. Yes, I got talked into buying him and Cole their own mascots. I reasoned that we got the tickets and parking pass free so it was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment