Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Gingerbread Pirates

Our new favorite book this Christmas is 'The Gingerbread Pirates'. So when it came time to decorate our Gingerbread men, it was no surprise that everyone wanted to make them look like Captain Cookie, Dots and Wavy from the book. Today the boys & I worked on doing just that. Ok, I worked on making the characters and the boys ate icing and decorated their own cookies. It was a lot of fun. We're planning on putting on a theatrical production of the story tomorrow night for Daddy using our cookies.  Should be a great show!! Next year I think I'll have to make some gingerbread men of my own (this was a kit...shhhh!). 

The Gingerbread Pirates
Cole testing out his icing dispenser
Eli tested it right into his mouth (more than once!)
Here we go!
Captain Cookie
Dots and Wavy
Eli's cookie - I think we decided to name him "Scramble"

No comments:

Post a Comment