Sunday, December 9, 2012

Gingerbread houses and fun with Grandma C

This weekend Grandma C came to visit. The boys had a great time with Grandma, as always, and Tim & I love having the extra hands around. Grandma arrived early Friday evening and play time ensued! She & I put the boys to bed and Tim went out for some QT at Barnes & Noble (I just didn't feel like going anywhere). Saturday morning, it was time for making Gingerbread Houses. We started this last year with Grandma C and it is definitely going to be an annual tradition. I made sure to buy some extra candy this year so I didn't have to make a last minute run. The boys had a blast and loved putting as much candy on their houses as possible. The finished products were cute and the boys thought they were yummy!

Then it was time to play in everyone's favorite puddle. The boys absolutely love the puddle that always lingers on the road in front of our house. I'm not kidding - it is the LAST place that the water leaves. Lots of fun riding bikes through the puddle. And Grandma is just as much fun as Mommy, just lets the boys be boys and get wet and dirty. (I remember her letting me & my brothers play football in the mud when I was growing up. See where I get it?!) They also spent some time in the backyard treasure hunting. I love the games Grandma comes up with and how the boys use their imaginations with her. Grandmas rock! 

Saturday night, Tim & I went to his work Christmas party - our only Christmas party this year. It was a nice time and great to see all of the folks he works with and their spouses. Tim's boss and President are a hoot and just fun to be around. I have no idea how they get any work done! 

Thanks Grandma for coming up so we could go to the party and get a little break!

New Star Wars ornaments from Grandma!
They loved them!
Gingerbread house time
Putting M&Ms one the roof
Serious candy selection
Finished shot #1 - after this picture, Eli continued to put candy on!
Cole and his "helper"
Must have more candy - notice the sweet candy cane heart. Love!
I'll have my icing straight!
Eli's house
Cole's house
2 boys + bikes + a big puddle = FUN!
They are quite the dynamic duo. 
Mommy's Major Hunk
Face off
Eli & Grandma C - during their treasure hunt game.
Not sure what instructions Cole was giving but he was telling everyone where to find the "X". 
I couldn't post the fully exposed shot so I opted for a darker one. Cute little naked boy in front of the tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment