Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekends are fun (and exhausting)

Every morning when Eli wakes up, he asks me if it's a "school day". He loves school but gets so excited when it's the weekend and we get to stay home and play. Saturday was a very busy day. Eli's friend Evan came over to play all morning. Those boys ran all over the place - inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs. They had so much fun. And tired each other out in the process. =) After lunch, Eli & Cole napped at the same time and Tim & I took some lazy time for ourselves. Then we headed to Tim's work cookout for the afternoon. The picnic / pig pickin' was a lot of fun. It's always nice to see Tim's coworkers and for them to see how the boys have grown. We spent a lot of time outside "playing" Cornhole - rather Eli running around throwing bean bags and dancing to the music. The funniest thing was when he ran from cornhole board to cornhole board telling me that there was an "E" and an "L" but no "I". He couldn't spell his name! He was so adorable telling me that there were no "i"s.

Sunday we did an early family trip to the grocery store. Tim had both boys in a race car cart and they loved going all over the store for items on my list. It was nice for me because I got moments of quiet here and there to actually grocery shop. Cole started yelling "Mama" really loud in the store then Eli joined in and I could hear them from aisles away. They were so cute together in the race car and fortunately there weren't too many people in the store. When we got home, Tim took Eli to get a hair cut and I put Cole in the stroller to head the same direction for a walk. Well, it took us longer than expected to get out of the house and Tim ended up pulling back into the neighborhood just as we were walking out. I gave Cole to Tim and put Eli in the stroller and took off on my walk. Tim grabbed the wagon and started pulling Cole the opposite direction. When we finally met up, I couldn't see Cole anywhere. Turns out, he had fallen asleep so Tim put the wagon seats down and laid Cole on his jacket. Cole was on his tummy sound asleep in the wagon. I was hoping to get a picture but Cole woke up before we got home. He was so happy after his little cat nap. Then we managed to do lunch and real naps. Again, Tim & I took advantage of the quiet time to relax ourselves. In the afternoon, Carol brought Ryan over and he & Eli ran around the yard like crazy boys. They were chasing after the ball and tackling each other. They ran, laughed and got muddy - just what boys do!

I must admit, although we tried to take advantage of down time over the weekend, Tim & I were pooped when the boys went to sleep. I think we need two weekends - one with the kids at home and one with the kids at school. Doesn't that sound like a great idea?!

Eli realized he could climb under our bed and hide from us.
Evan & Eli - dress up Superheroes.
Cole had fun playing outside with the boys.
Eli & Evan had so much fun pushing each other down the slide.
Eli pushing Evan.
Cole loved being in the "fort" with the big boys.
Eli playing a shortened version of Cornhole.
Cole had fun running around at the picnic.
Eli dancing around.
Must have been a good toss.
Cole got his first taste of hush puppies and loved them.
Tim getting his company windshirt from the President of the company - they nicely gave the employees a logo'd windshirt to celebrate the 20th annual picnic.
I just love this picture of sweet Cole.
Eli just had to see if his head would fit in the hole.
Eli also got a chance to ride on the pegs of Tim's boss's son's bike (did you get that?).
Eli thinks I'm a playground. This started as him being on my shoulders.
Eli made himself a Frankenstein sandwich Sunday - quite creative I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment