Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend - Plan B in action

This weekend seemed to have a lot of "Plan B"s in it. All week long, Eli had been looking forward to having Noah over Saturday and then Noah had a fever so we had to go to Plan B - just a regular Saturday morning. The boys & I went to the Y where I took my first ever water aerobics class. After, we ran an errand and then headed home for lunch. The exciting part of the day was waiting for Grandpa & Grandma N to show up with their "bus". Tim's parents had been RV-ing in the mountains and stopped in for a visit on their way home. The boys were so excited to see Grandpa & Grandma it was tough to get them to take a nap. After naps, lots of play time outside and then a nice family dinner in the dining room.

This morning was an early morning. Eli was up at 5am and didn't want to go back to sleep (Sunday + 5am = Cranky Mommy). We finally headed downstairs a little after 6am and the boys ate their 1st breakfast of pumpkin waffles. Once Grandma & Grandpa came inside (they slept in the RV), we had 2nd breakfast of sausage biscuits. Plan A was that Tim & I would go for a bike ride in the morning and his parents hang out with the boys. Well, it go too late for that so Plan B, we went to Kohl's and Barnes & Noble just for a little break. When we got home, Grandma & Grandpa had both boys down for naps. They loaded up the "bus" and headed out leaving Tim & I with some quiet to get a few things done. After naps, we took the boys to Umstead for a bike ride - the hardest bike ride I've done in as long as I can remember. We rode a different route that was tougher than our normal route. Ended up with 12-1/2 miles. My legs will probably hate me tomorrow.

We had a good long weekend. I'm kinda tired tonight and trying to get my brain ready for the week ahead.

Waiting for Grandpa & Grandma N to arrive
Future NC State linebacker - Cole has started making lots of funny faces, such a ham!
Grandpa's future GPS - Eli plotting where he wants to go.
Cole checking out the "bus".
Tim was pushing Eli all over the yard - super fast - and Eli loved it.
The only shot I got of the boys still with Grandpa & Grandma - a little tv time Saturday night.
Playing outside this morning.
Cole hanging out in Daddy's truck under the bed cover.
I took this shot blindly - just aimed the camera behind me and snapped a picture of Cole napping.
Tim took this photo of me on Turkey Trot trail - proof that yes, I really do pull a trailer. =)
Cole is getting so big
Daddy with his boys - ignore Tim's closed eyes, the boys are adorable.
Mommy and her boys - happy happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment