Friday, October 1, 2010

Topping Out

This afternoon UNC held a Topping Out Ceremony on my project. It was originally to celebrate and install the last piece of steel on the building but with all the rain lately, we didn't get all the structural steel complete so it wasn't really the final piece of steel that we set in place. It was a great time for them to bring in alumni and donors to see how far we are in construction and get an idea of what we're creating for them. The Dean and a few others spoke - the Dean even mentioned me by name in his speech! After the speaking portion, everyone went outside to sign the blue beam and then the iron workers hoisted it into place. There will forever be a Carolina Blue beam (I DID write in NC State RED though!) in the building with my name - and Eli & Cole's, I put theirs on there too! How cool is that?!

My Superintendent Benny signing his name
Me signing the beam
My boss Jay (left), Me, My Superintendent Benny (right)
Rigging the beam
and lifting into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment