Sunday, October 10, 2010

This day - 6 years ago......


Today, exactly 6 years ago, Tim & I got engaged. It's such a great memory of mine and I'm going to bore you with the story. =) For MONTHS, I had been snooping looking for an engagement ring. I was dead certain that when we went to the mountains this particular weekend, that that was IT. Well, I continued snooping once we got to the cabin and searched his bags while he was in the shower. I didn't find a ring so I was not too happy when we went on our final adventure of the weekend - a hike to the top of Mt. Mitchell on Sunday afternoon. I decided that if he wasn't going to propose that we were going to power hike and get the hike over so we could head home. Once we got to the top, we climbed the Observation Tower and then had someone take our picture. When the guy took the picture, he said "that is so cool". I looked down and Tim (as you see in the picture) had held out a ring for the camera. I asked him what it was and his response was "What do you mean, what is it? You'd better put it on." Isn't that the most romantic proposal ever? He did then ask me to marry him but the first "proposal" will always be my favorite. Mt. Mitchell will always hold special memories for us. The tower in the 2nd picture is no longer there. It was torn down to make way for an accessible tower. We miss the old one but have already started making memories at the new one with the boys. There will be many more visits and hikes in the future. And our sweet little Belle in the 3rd picture, there will never ever be another dog like her. We miss her and treasure our memories of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment