Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mommy's Birthday Celebration

My birthday was yesterday and I must say the day did not turn out how I expected. It was a rough morning and the house seemed totally out of harmony. I was throwing my own pity party about how terrible my birthday was going to be and wondering why everyone always tries to sabotage my plans (I had an 11am spa appointment for a massage and Cole had to stay home from school. If you recall, Eli hijacked my stay-cation the week before so now do you see why I felt that way?!). Tim stayed home for the day to take care of Cole so I could keep my appointment - I was going to lose my money anyway if I didn't go. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that we were also getting a new frig because ours bit the dust a few days ago. Don't you love big appliances as a b-day present?

So, about 10:20am I headed to the spa hoping to enjoy a few minutes of down time before my appointment. I had a hot stone massage and it was marvelous. I had to make myself relax and not let my brain wander to think about normal life stuff - that was tough! For a little while, I was pampered and totally didn't think about much. After that, I ran by the Kids Exchange consignment sale to look for Eli's fall / winter wardrobe. Not much luck this year. Just got a few things.

We had made plans with our friends Kara & Brian to meet with the kids at the pool and do pizza dinner again, hoping that the kids would wear each other out playing. I didn't realize that our Friday night pizza night was converted into a small birthday party for me. Our neighbors were also there. We enjoyed pizza and then a yummy chocolate cake that Kara had baked and decorated for me. I felt horrible for giving Tim a hard time about not doing anything for me for my birthday and he loved every second of it (Kara had talked with him earlier in the week). We had a great time hanging out with our friends. I loved being wrong and having my birthday turn out completely different than I expected!

Mommy and Cole
Eli & Owen - pizza and watermelon, yum
my awesome chocolate cake
It was really fun being serenaded by these cute boys - Max, Alec, Henry, Eli & Owen.
Kara and Faye - thank you so much my friend!
my new frig
all nice and clean.....for now

No comments:

Post a Comment