Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Cole!!

I can not believe this day is here. Seems like just yesterday Baby Cole was born but it also seems like he's been in our family forever. Funny how time can do that - be long and short all at the same time! Some of you know how I am about birthdays - I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!! And I want my boys to grow up feeling super special on their birthday. Even though Baby Cole is only 1 today, I tried to work my birthday magic. =)

Last night my brother Billy and his girlfriend Niki came up to visit. We were so glad to have them here. Eli and Cole loved the attention and company. Tim & I also put them to work after the boys went to bed, getting ready for Cole's day. Niki & I went to the grocery store and finished up the birthday banner that I made for Cole. Tim & Billy put together Cole's new Radio Flyer walker.

Sunday morning, Cole woke up in a pretty good mood but I'll tell ya, he made us work ALL day for any smiles or laughs we got. I think he's in the middle of teething, wanting to walk and growing so he's a pretty moody character these days. For breakfast, Cole enjoyed a chocolate chip pop tart with whipped cream on his new birthday plate. He also had a blast walking around the house pushing his new walker. (It is going to be VERY hard to keep it away from Eli.) When Billy & Niki came down, Cole got to open another present. He loved ripping paper. Amy, Henry, Samantha and Oma came over from next door to see Birthday Boy Cole and give him another gift. He was a little cranky so after lunch, we packed everyone up and headed to the pool. Right or wrong, my answer for cranky children is to go outside. The kids had fun at the pool and were ready for a nap when we got home. After telling Uncle Billy and Miss Niki bye, the kids took pretty good naps. We had dinner after they got up and then walked next door for Amy's 4th of July bash. Cole was not too happy so I took him on a walk and Eli was fine until I got out of sight. Then he got upset so Tim put him on his shoulders and ran around the block to find me. So cute! With our boys falling apart, we came home, quickly did cupcakes and then got everyone in their pjs. After the excitement of the weekend, we opted for some still time and a movie upstairs - 'Toy Story 2'. Eli loves when we do movie night together....and so do I!

Pictures from our day of celebrating Baby Cole - guess I should call him Toddler Cole now!!!

Saturday night watching Monster Jam with Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy & Baby Cole
night before officially being a one year old
Cole's homemade birthday banner (made out of felt so I hope to use it every year).
his birthday plate
When the boys got up, Eli wanted to climb in bed with Daddy.
all my cute boys
Cole LOVED his wagon walker.
Look ma, one hand!
Cole has already starting rolling around on the floor when he doesn't get what he wants.
Cole was so happy pushing....until he couldn't figure out how to turn around.
Birthday Pop tart time!
He really did like it.
my little Yankee Doodle Dandy
opening his present from Eli
Are you surprised that it's a Monster truck?
Cole loved it - the Madusa truck, red / white and blue!
Eli testing one of my chocolate dipped star cookies.
Uncle Billy helped Cole open his present.
Cole actually loved all the cards more.
Uncle Billy teaching Eli to use the shooter at the pool....
and then using it on him!
me and Birthday Boy.
A family pool picture - I think it's our first one.
Eli had a blast "jumping" from Uncle Billy to me
and then back to Uncle Billy.
My not-so-little brother and my not-so-little boy. =)
Uncle Billy and Miss Niki
Cole had fun pushing Eli in the wagon
All patriotic - I love my boys!
Eli thought he was one of the big kids.
I love this picture. I took it after putting Cole in the stroller for our walk.
Eli on the search for his Mommy. So pitiful.
Cupcake time
Cole wasn't too sure and he wasn't overly interested.
He WAS interested in his milk though!

No comments:

Post a Comment