Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Great Easter Weekend - Part 3

Part 3 = Sunday, Easter Day

Eli was thrilled when he woke up Sunday morning to see that the Easter bunny filled his basket with goodies, hid his eggs and even left a basket for Baby Cole. We had fun searching for eggs (making sure to find all the real ones!) that Daddy Easter bunny hid from us. After a great breakfast and more outside time, Tim & I went to Barnes & Noble for some kid-free quiet time. We used to go to B&N all the time and hang out, browsing books and adding to our "to read" lists. We got back home around lunch time and Grandma & Grandpa N took off back home. The weekend with them was so great and we're very thankful for their help with the boys and help with the yard. After naps, we hung around the house, went on a long walk with the boys and then got ready for the week ahead. Sunday nights are always tough because there is so much to do.

I remember Easter as a kid and how Easter bunny would leave us goodies, we'd get all dressed up and go to church and then head to a Grandparent's house to have lunch and egg hunts. There was always a special egg with money inside, I always wanted that one!! I've been thinking about the traditions that I want to create for the boys. Their holidays will not be like the ones I had growing up, they will be their own.......once I figure out what I want to do! So many decisions being a parent. I think most of all, I want them to remember every single holiday as a family affair with lots of love and fun and, of course, good food. =)

Easter bunny has been here
Nice choice bunny - Matchbox cars
Cole was happy with his goodies
Finding eggs
See Baby Cole what I found!
This picture cracks me up. Eli got binoculars in his basket. Notice how you can see his eyes in the picture.
Fun with every single part of the basket, especially the grass
Silly Rabbit - such a funny face
Eli got his first chocolate bunny. In true Eli fashion, he sucker punched bunny and ate his chocolate belly.
Then he moved on to the ears.
See Mom - I bit his ears
All the boys
I absolutely love this picture. I think it's the best picture I have of the boys with Grandma & Grandpa N.

No comments:

Post a Comment