Thursday, April 1, 2010

Class Easter parties and egg hunt

Today the boys had their class Spring parties and Easter egg hunt. Ok, so Cole's class just enjoyed the beautiful weather outside but Eli's class was full of excitement to run outside and find Easter eggs filled with surprises. I stole out of work early to be part of the fun. I have to admit that that is one of the hardest things about working for me - worrying that I'll miss something fun in their lives. I try really hard to make all the parties, events, whatever that the boys have going on. I'm very lucky and thankful to have a job that affords me that flexibility.

When I got to school, Cole's class was outside playing away and having fun. He recognized me from quite far off through the fence. He got all happy and smiley for me. I went to Eli's class for the egg hunt and then grabbed Cole so he could enjoy the actual party. The kids were so excited about the egg hunt and they were buzzing around the room ready to take off. Eli ran out the door and was picking up every egg he could find. He even, like last year, opened a few to see what was inside before deciding to put in his basket. It was pretty warm this year so when the kids decided the playground was free of Easter eggs, they headed back to the door to go inside for some sweet treats. Eli was so happy that Cole came to his party and shared his cheese puffs with him. We got a nice surprise during the party when the door opened and Daddy walked in! We didn't know if he was going to make it from work but were thrilled to see him. Lots and lots of sugar later, we scooped both boys up and started our weekend early. SO MUCH FUN!!

Cole and his "peeps" enjoying being outside
Have basket, will hunt eggs
Release the children!
Who knew dinosaurs grew eggs?
I swear I blinked and he got so big!
Eli and some of his "peeps"
Yum juice box, a very rare treat
Loving a cheese puff
Definitely brothers!
One sweet cheesy boy
Two sweet boys - ahhh, my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment