Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This time last year....

At this exact time last year on August 19th, Tim & I had no idea that Eli was about to arrive. I had done a walk that morning, then we went to Triangle Town Center in the afternoon to walk around and hang out, completely oblivious that I was really in labor. My neighbors had told me that morning that I was having contractions because my belly was tightening but I was clueless. For those of you with a sharp memory, you'll remember that Eli arrived shortly after midnight that night.

It's amazing how fast time flies. I never knew the year would go so fast. In the next few days, I hope to post some things that I've learned over the past year. There are so many but having Eli has taught me a lot not only about a baby and the making of a family but also about myself.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Eli! Sorry we will miss playing with you on your 1st birthday!

    And yes, we can attest to time flying by. It seems like it was just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You made it through the first year! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete