Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Staycation Update

Haven't posted in a few days and some of you may remember that I am treating myself to a "staycation" this week. I was home by myself Mon/Tues and Tim was home today/tomorrow. We have Eli on Fri and then it's the holiday weekend.

So what have we been up to? Well, my original intention was to scrapbook the entire time. I've done more than that. I've cleaned / organized / de-cluttered so that I feel better. I'm not a pack rat and I am always evaluating how long it has been since something was used and then deciding what to do with it. I have scrapbooked a few pages, done some shopping, errands and helped my neighbors on projects. Today Tim did some projects around the house and almost finished up cutting retaining wall cap blocks. Picked Eli up early yesterday for a play date with Owen and today for a mini-birthday party to celebrate our neighbor Samantha's 11th birthday. Tomorrow I'll do some more scrapbooking and hopefully pick Eli up early for a walk with Kara and Owen.

Friday will be a fun day. Helmet appointment first at UNC at 8:30am. (Hopefully this will be the last. We're so ready for it to be over as the helmet seems to be getting tight.) Then we have Eli's 1 year pictures. It'll be a busy morning and we also need to get Mr. Big Foot some new shoes. His little toes are at the end of his sandals!!

So, not a lot exciting going on - just enjoying some time in the house to work on projects. It's also nice for Eli to be at school for shorter days and for us to have a leisurely start to the day. Hope you're all having a great week - more updates soon!

1 comment: