Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Best Birthday Party EVER!!!

Today was such an amazing day. Eli had the best birthday party EVER. We are so fortunate to have wonderful friends and family to celebrate with. Our house (and yard!) was full of laughter, fun and chaos. And I loved every minute of it!

The theme of the party was "Monkey" for our little Monkey Eli. Monkeys were everywhere - from the stuffed ones to inflatable ones to all of our little monkeys running around playing. My family arrived about 10am and I immediately put my Mom and Laura (my brother's girlfriend to work). They helped me finish getting ready for our first guests that arrived at 11am. From that time on, it was a steady stream of people in and out. First the kids started playing on the back screen porch in the ball pool, with the mailbox and all the other toys out there. Then the fun moved into the backyard where the water table, the cozy coupe, the swing set, bubble machine and shaded play blankets were. Did I tell you we had fun?!! It was very laid back and casual as people ate sandwiches and chips whenever they felt like it. I actually got Eli to sit inside and eat a bit of lunch. Then it was back out to be the center of attention! He loved having all of his friends here. I think there were about 9 kids between the ages of 6 months and 13 months. More playing and then we moved the high chair outside to sing 'Happy Birthday' and having cupcakes. Eli wasn't quite sure about the singing and was then shy with his cupcake. On his actual birthday, he destroyed the cupcake but this time I think he just wanted to play. After cake, we opened presents - LOTS OF THEM! Oh my goodness, Santa doesn't need to stop at our house this year. It was crazy insane the generosity of our friends and family. Tim & I are going to have to come up with a toy rotation so he always thinks he has new toys. Eli did pretty good opening gifts, he made it almost through before he wanted to be off playing again. It was so great to see all the kids outside having fun and playing together. I don't recall one single child having a breakdown (other than not wanting to go home) or being fussy. They were all so well behaved and just playing. As everyone got tired and naptime approached, the crowd thinned out until we were left with family. My parents (and brother and Laura) and Tim's parents drove up this morning to be here for the fun. We're so glad they were here and got to spoil Eli even more. Eli took a super long nap this afternoon, got up to play more with his toys, eat dinner and then was ready for bed. He was super pooped from such an exciting day.

I can not quit smiling when I think about his party. It seemed like everyone had fun and my neighbor Amy (party planner extraordinaire) gave the thumbs up to my planning and party execution. I know Eli won't remember it but we have some great video and pictures to show him when he gets older.

Thank you to everyone who stopped by today. There were a few of Eli's friends who were sick and couldn't come - we missed you Stella Dot and Noah. Hope you feel better!!

Eli's party was the last one of party season so now we hope to chill a bit, lay low and get some house projects done.

Monkey Man - Guest of Honor

Cupcake station

Playing on the screen porch

Playing in the back yard

Dean and Amanda - swingset for all ages!

Uncle Billy teaching Eli to drive (I think they did a pretend race!)

Eli's favorite new toy - a popping lawnmower

Got a bike!!

Swinging with the big kids

Grandma & Grandpa

Eli got fussy before we got pictures of all the Grandparents - hope to have more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment