Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Catching Up

Whew, where do the days go. I never finished blogging about our weekend. For me, it was the single best weekend we've had since Eli was born. I was happy, Eli was happy, Tim was happy and we got to do things together. It was great! Sunday we did a bike ride with Eli and rode over to the playground. He was interested in everything - he had fun climbing on the equipment, sliding and rocking on the bouncy toys. We ran errands and hung out together. Some eating, some napping for Eli (we did the swing beam while he was napping) and a trip to the pool with our neighbors. So much fun! Eli was pooped out after the pool. He fell asleep pretty easy that night.

Now we're back into the work week routine. Eli is having a fun week at school - as always. This morning when I took him in, he walked from the car into school. I held his hand to make sure he didn't face plant on the pavement but he's getting to be such a big boy. Tonight was a treat for me. I actually went on a mountain bike ride after work. Tim has been after me to start riding again and I just haven't made it a priority. We both need to get our riding jump started (Tim's a much stronger rider than me). So tonight I did a ride and made it home in time to give Eli some hugs and kisses before bed. Now tomorrow, we'll try the same thing with Tim riding. Hopefully we can figure this exercise thing out so we can maintain our sanity. Other than that, life is just normal.....and we love our normal.

Eli swimming with his Amy at the pool (our neighbor)

Almost a swingset - have to anchor before hanging the swings

No comments:

Post a Comment