Monday, June 25, 2007

Our first baby shower

This weekend my family held our first baby shower. It was so great to see some of my extended family that I haven't seen in forever. When you grow up and move out of town like I did, you miss out on a lot of the family gatherings. I'm usually only down for the major Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations and it's crazy at that time, so seeing my extended family was a treat and I'm very thankful that they stopped in. The shower started around 2pm and I declare I must have opened gifts for a solid hour and a half - the generosity was overwhelming. We owe everyone a HUGE thank you (I'll be working on thank you notes for a while!!). We received so many wonderful and thoughtful things that I can't even start to list them all. Elijah is going to be well taken care of, that's for sure. =)

Here are a few pictures from the day.

These are the shower girls who made it all possible. From left to right - Aunt Brenda, Grandma Starnes (it wouldn't be a shower without her punch), Me of course, Mom, and Aunt Valerie. Thank you all very much for everything you did. I had so much fun. 3 generations - Grandma, Me and Mom. This will the first Great-Grandchild and first Grandchild. Oh will he ever be spoiled!

Dad and Mom - Proud Grandparents-to-be!

Last but not least, Daddy-to-be stopped by to help load it all up! You know we pregnant girls aren't supposed to exert ourselves. =)

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I'm glad you had fun. It was a nice shower. The presents were really cute. :-) It was good to see you again too. I can't wait to see him...I bet he'll be adorable. :-) and I'd like to take you up on the offer to come visit you up there. Hope to talk to you soon.
    love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a beautiful baby shower! It's so fun to start the celebrations and get all the fun stuff... then you get to WAIT! Do I sound bitter?? :-)

    ReplyDelete