Friday, June 22, 2007

30 week appointment...

This morning was my 30 week doctor's appointment (I'm actually 30 weeks and 3 days - not that it makes a difference!). This was quite an uneventful visit compared to the one two weeks ago where I did the 3 hour glucose tolerance test and then had to get a Rhogam shot. They took 7 vials of blood out of my arm at four different times and then I got the Rhogam shot in my hip. I felt like such a pin cushion!! The good news is that the glucose came back normal and I do NOT have gestational diabetes. Fortunately this time was the normal stuff - blood pressure, weight (they should let you do that naked - no one realizes how much cotton weighs) and checking on Eli. Today I measured 32 cm - so that would, in theory, put me a little ahead of schedule. I told the doctor that sometimes I can't tell what position he's in. Well, she started smushing around and couldn't tell herself! So - fun for me - to satisfy her curiousity, she did a quick ultrasound. No pictures were taken but we were able to see that he's head down, bottom on my right side and feet / hands together on the left. He was moving like crazy. When I left, all I could do was smile. Another sneak peak at our little boy and knowledge that he's doing great.

This afternoon we're off to my Mom's house for the weekend (aka "the farm"). My family is throwing a baby shower for us tomorrow. It will be nice to see some of my relatives that I haven't seen in a while and let them all see the Buddha Belly. =) There will most definitely be pictures and a full report when we get back.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment