Friday, November 8, 2013

Captain Lewis and her Underpants

I took the day off work today to volunteer and enjoy Eli's school's fun run - their Trot for Books. It was a fundraiser to buy new readers for the school. As part of the book theme, each class selected a book and created their class flag and tags related to that book. Eli just told me last night that his class was "Captain Lewis and her Underpants". I totally thought he was kidding but sure enough....they were "Captain Lewis and her Underpants"!! They had pink underpants cutouts on lanyards that we stamped for each lap they ran. One grade at a time ran around the track. Eli amazes me with his running. He is just so natural at it and, again this year, I think he ran the most laps in his grade! He ran 6 laps to equal 1-1/2 miles!! And he finished his 6th lap just as they started finishing up. I'm pretty sure he could have run another! It was so fun to cheer on the kids, stamp their "underpants" and send them off for another lap. The best part of all was when I left the classrooms, the kids gave me a HUGE group hug that pretty much left us in a pile up on the floor. =) 

School mascot - Cub pride!
Captain Lewis!!
Mr. Cool
Ready.....set.....GO!
Class flag
End of lap 1
Getting his stamp from Captain Lewis
Another one
I have no idea which lap this was....he was just so cute!
Post run - happy boy
Eli and Captain Lewis
So proud of my Eli
Eli's pink underpants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment