Thursday, November 28, 2013

A very thankful Thanksgiving

Whew.....a very busy day!! We had such a great Thanksgiving - a quick day trip to celebrate with Evia's family. We left out a little after 8am and got home about 8pm. The boys did fairly well on the drive and amazingly, we drove 3 hours with no bathroom stops!! 

First visit was to Evia's Grandpa and Grandma S's house. We had a big family lunch there with my grandparents, brothers / their wives / kids and my uncle, aunt and their kids. So much fun to see everyone! I remember going to my Great Grandparent's house for Thanksgiving and eating lunch, raking leaves and watching football on tv (usually Cowboys vs. Redskins). We didn't rake any leaves but my boys got to see their Great Grandparents and play football!

My Grandparents house - a lot of memories made here
Cole and "his" baby, Kaleb
Of course we had to take the football (and helmets!) with us!
Eli had fun playing catch with Uncle Jeff. 
This boy loves some football!
Trying to get past Uncle Jeff
First course of Thanksgiving - lemon lime punch.....YUM!
Eli and Cole found a Total Gym to "work out" on. It was pretty funny to see. 
Outside after lunch, Eli watched over "his baby" Keegan
and Cole was so sweet with Kaleb. 
And he looks so HUGE compared to his little cousin. 
So sweet!
My brother Jeff, my SIL Erin and their sweet boys. 
Cousins! Eli with Keegan and Cole with Kaleb. They take their big cousin status very seriously and want to make sure "their" baby is happy. 
Grandpa C with Baby Connor - this is my little brother Billy's boy. 
Eli was ALL about dessert this year - ice cream pie and coconut cake. My favorites!!
They went exploring with Grandpa C. It's a lot of fun as they get bigger and want to do more things. 
Great Grandpa S with Connor
Great Grandma S with Baby Connor
Grandpa C loves his grandsons!
Love my Aunt Val. Wish I got to see her more often. 

Funny family photo on the front steps - Cole with crazy shut eyes and looks like Eli gave me bunny ears. 
Then Cole kept his crazy shut eyes and now Tim & I both have bunny ears - classic!
Thankful for my family!

Then we headed to Grandma C's (aka Huggy Grandma because she gives everyone a hug) to visit with her. The boys were pretty wound up so some running around outside tired them out before we drove back home. 

Baby Connor with his Great Grandma C
Grandpa C with three of his grandsons - hard to believe Eli is the oldest of FIVE grandsons!!
Hey there Hollywood!
Eli and Great Grandma C
Cole and Great Grandma C
Pooped out from a busy day
I think Eli fell asleep before Cole did!

So......at the end of this day, what am I thankful for? There are so many things to count. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who is a great partner and father to our boys. I'm thankful for two healthy (and crazy!) boys who bring so much joy to our lives. I'm thankful to celebrate another Thanksgiving with my Grandparents. I'm thankful the boys have four Grandparents who love them so. I'm thankful for health and happiness. I'm thankful for friends and family to share life with. To be honest.....I try to be thankful every day, not just today! I want to live with a heart of gratitude and appreciate the life I'm blessed with. 

Happy Thanksgiving to our family and friends. May God continue to bless you. We are ever so thankful for YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment