Saturday, November 17, 2012

2012 Raleigh Christmas Parade

We had such a great time at the Raleigh Christmas parade today! (I will confess I'm not thrilled about a "Christmas parade" before Thanksgiving but I got over it.) The boys were super excited and were hoping to see Storm Troopers again this year (no luck) but we did see lots of fun stuff. I was really concerned we would find a spot and then someone would have to go to the bathroom and we'd have to scramble for that.....but thankfully, these boys have some serious bladders! No potty emergencies and we made it through the entire 2+ hour parade. After the parade, we navigated our way out of downtown by just taking turns in the general direction I knew we needed to go and we ended up at Chick-fil-a. Awesome!! We had a great lunch and then headed home for a great afternoon nap. So much fun for all of us.=) 

Mommy & Cole, pre-parade. Don't you like his style? 
BMX tricks - Eli was all over this. He will probably be trying them soon in the front yard. 
"You talking to me?"
My crazy boys, waiting for the parade to start.....snacks mandatory for any outing. 
RPD ready to get the party started!
Honoring the flag
Wool E Bull - Durham Bulls mascot
Got to be NC! Love the Ag Department's huge motorized shopping cart. 
First time every.....fly by!
Super cool!!
Tractors are always fun.
But Cole does not look impressed.
Leesville Marching band - lots of bands and Eli had to know the name of each one. 
Eli saw a buddy from school and they were best buds for the parade. I love how easily they make friends. 
Kermit the Frog balloon - minus the helium. He had to ride on a cart.
Biggest tow truck ever
Nutcracker balloon - the only helium filled balloon. (If anyone understands this helium shortage, please explain it to me because I surely do not.)
Loved the jump ropers, especially double dutch. 
My parade loving boys!
High five'ing Muddy the Mudcat
BMX stunt kids - Eli HAS been trying these tricks at home. 
Rollin'
The special man of the parade.....SANTA CLAUS!
Post parade with Daddy
and with Mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment