Sunday, August 5, 2012

Grandma & Grandpa N plus lots of weekend fun

Grandma & Grandpa N came to visit us this weekend and we had a great time, as always! Friday night, after dinner, I threw a fast ball at them. The boys wanted to watch tv so my "idea" was that they watch one show with Grandma & Grandpa and then straight to bed while Mommy & Daddy snuck away to Barnes & Noble. Yep, I did that. I blindsided Grandma & Grandpa with a quick night of kid-sitting. :-) And man, it was soooo needed. Tim & I actually went to Kohl's for a little back to school clothes shopping and then B&N. I had a gift card from my birthday that was burning a hole in my pocket - it matched up wonderfully with some "wish read" books on my list. 

Saturday we did chores at home and just hung out. The boys loved watching / telling Daddy what to do. The boys all went to the store for a new outdoor ceiling fan and then supervised Daddy & Grandpa installing it. Sunday morning we went to church and then had lunch before Grandma & Grandpa left. It's always great to see them and the boys loved the extra attention! 

Sunday afternoon we had a fun soccer session / run around in the back yard before our friends Brian & Kara came over with their kiddos - Owen, Faye & Iris. Eli & Cole love playing with Owen & Faye and let me tell you, Faye can hold her own with the boys! It was a really nice weekend. Thankfully the boys were completely worn out and went to bed easily. How is it that I'm more tired than they are at the end of bedtime routine?! 

Friday night cartoon time
New Star Wars pjs = Happy little boy
My book selections
Daddy's helpers (kind of!)
Hello Mr. Cool
This happens ALL the time - a little brotherly love
turns into giggles
and some wrestling
flopping onto the floor
and finishing the "match". Yep, I have two crazy boys!!
After the boys cleaned up the backyard toys, they told Daddy it was time to mow. Tim hadn't planned on it but apparently my little Project Managers had it on their schedule!
"Need some help Grandpa?"
Supervising
Love Grandma & Grandpa!
Tim had to move his truck and the boys LOVE when they can catch a quick ride (even just down the driveway) in the front seat.
Silly Cole
One on One against Daddy
little soccer boys
Eli vs. Daddy
Run Run Run!
Eli flopped over - it was pretty funny. He was so tired!
Working on "headers"
Fancy Footwork - good job Cole!
Hello Cutie!
Two on one - kind of
Crazy on the swings. I have no idea what they called it. They might have been pretending to ride horses.
Picking up pine cones with Owen & Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment