Sunday, February 6, 2011

what We did

Whew, we survived the weekend - almost, Tim is putting Eli to bed right now. Yesterday was a super rainy day but today was nice enough for us to be outdoors.

Our weekend started with our Friday morning ritual - they get to eat Pop Tarts for breakfast. The boys wake up and ask if it's "Pop Tart Friday". It's a sweet end to the long work and school week. Saturday, we did our normal - I took a spin class at the Y while the boys played in child care. It was an accomplishment to get there as it was raining pretty hard when we went. After I dropped the boys off, I went to the spin room - getting there before class time - only to find all the bikes were taken. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do and was so bummed after all the effort to get there. Thankfully, the instructor let me have her bike so I was able to take class. Yay! I even managed to hop on the treadmill for a few minutes after. I've signed up for two triathlons this year so testing my fitness level.

On our drive home from the Y, Cole started giving me glazed eyes. Every week he ends up so tired after the Y that he takes an early nap, hopscotching with Eli so we always have a little one awake. While he napped, Eli & I went to Lowe's and picked out some paint samples. I have started down the path of redecorating (or actually really decorating because I never really have) our living room. I found a few things that have kicked my creative brain and make me want to get it done. It's my grown-up project. =) No seriously, I have read enough house blogs and watched enough HGTV that I am ready to have something amazing in here. I'll be sure to post before and after pictures once it's done - my timeline is quite long but I know once I start, I won't be patient and it will happen sooner than I have planned.

Yesterday afternoon, once the rain stopped, we got everyone outside for a walk before Ryan came over to have dinner and spend a few hours with us while his parents went out to dinner for their anniversary. The boys were so good together. All three boys sat at the table, ate dinner and then played their little hearts out. Cole went until he couldn't go any more. Ryan & Eli were going strong when Ryan's parents came back.

Unfortunately, our days have been starting very early lately - as in, the kids have been up at 5:15am. We were hoping with the busy day and playtime last night that they would sleep in this morning. It was not to be. Eli came downstairs about 5:10am so I went upstairs with him to try to get him back to sleep. While I was in his room, Cole woke up. He didn't want to go back in his crib so I took him with me to Eli's bed. We managed to keep the lights off for a bit and I almost kept them in bed until 6am. Not to be. I imagine now that tomorrow's a school day that they'll sleep late!

Today, we just had lots of fun family time. This morning, we went to the fairgrounds flea market. Not too much there but it was nice to walk around and be outside. Then we stopped back at Lowe's for more paint samples. I completely changed my mind on colors so the million samples I got yesterday were useless. Thankfully today we got simultaneous long naps. Eli slept almost 3 hours! Tonight we ran one quick errand and have just been hanging at home. We let the boys watch a little tv and we all chilled out.

Even with the icky weather, it has been a pretty good weekend. The weeks seem to go by so fast. January was a blur and February is shaping up to be the same way! Hope you all had a great weekend as well.

Cole is always happy on Pop Tart Friday
Cole took this picture of Eli - he wasn't quite camera ready that early in the morning. It was seriously 5:30am.
Dinner Saturday night - Eli, Cole & Ryan
Look at these cute boys watching tv - I'm sure it was Mickey Mouse, he seems to be taking up most of the memory in our dvr.
Getting a ride from big brother. Cole is definitely heavier than the last time they were doing this!
Our little sock monkey on the way to the flea market.
Bundled up and ready to find some treasures.
As we were walking in, we HAD to take a look at the huge tractor. Even Daddy wanted to drive it.
The back wheel was taller than Tim!
So Tim found this "vintage" bike at the flea market. Check out that shifter! It looks like it belongs in a car rather than on a bike. Tim has been looking at getting a new bike. Maybe I should surprise him with this - would help me keep up with him!
Eli trying out a tractor at Lowe's- and yes, he's wearing his pj's! He wanted to buy it (all $3k of it) and we told him that he'd have to mow the grass. He decided that he's not ready for that yet.
Our little acrobat - Cole is learning all about what his arms and legs can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment