Friday, February 18, 2011

Baking at Ronald McDonald House

This afternoon, I had the great opportunity to bake at the Ronald McDonald House with my friend Carol. I was so excited to spend the afternoon with her, doing something we both love for wonderful families. I had no idea we would actually get to meet some of the families staying there, hear their stories and meet some of the children. As we baked, and as the yummy smells drifted through the house, kids started coming to see what we were doing. Chocolate chip cookies were first out of the oven so we put some on a platter and let me just say, if you bake it, they will come. =) Homemade goodies just seem to make everyone smile. We had a great time and when all was said and done, here's what we had baked:
  • 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies
  • 3 dozen caramel apple oatmeal cookies
  • 1 pan marshmallow cereal squares
  • Bundt cake of banana bread
  • 24 cinnamon streusel muffins
  • 20 shortbread cookies
  • 1 container of no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies
Our ingredients
My sweet friend, Carol
Oh my goodness, this little boy was scrumptious. I wanted to take him home with me - and offered to do so many times to his Mom. His nickname is "Poot-Boy". He has a 4 month old sister, Bobbi, at the hospital waiting for a heart transplant. Listening to his Mom and her story, it was amazing. She has such a great attitude and is handling everything with such strength and grace.
Sweet kids. Andrea (in the middle) loved hugging on her friends, saying "cheese" and then coming to see what their picture looked like in my camera. They ALL loved the digital camera and being able to see themselves.
Me & Carol
Our finished work

No comments:

Post a Comment