Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just doing, Just being - our weekend

This weekend was spent mostly at home doing things around the house and just being together. With everything that has been going on and all that is coming up, this weekend was very much welcomed!

Lots of activity in the kitchen. Eli was my little helper. We made a bunch of food for Cole - sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash, cinnamon apples and we baked teething biscuits. Other baking - a Valentine's Day sugar cookie experiment and a loaf of wheat bread. Yummmmm.

Saturday Eli & I went to the gym and today we all went to Brier Creek for a few errands. That was about the extent of our travel. We mostly played at home and worked on getting ready for the upcoming week. Both boys had a good weekend and made me laugh many times with their sweet personalities and funny antics.

Here are some random pictures from the weekend.

Cole is trying hard to stand on his own. He wants to take off running after Eli.
Tim's broken heart - this cookie was one of my cookie experiment and the edge was broken off when I stacked the cooking racks. Everyone had at least one cookie with their name on it. Eli, being the wonderful brother he is, volunteered to eat Cole's cookies.
Swinging and hanging out. Not too long before Cole's too big for the swing.
Cole tasting one of the teething biscuits I made. He really liked them.
Eli practicing with his scissors. I saw them cutting magazines at school and thought it was brilliant! He had so much fun.
Eli has learned how to use his screwdrive to take the wheels off and the engine out of his race car. He has also learned how to screw them back on. Quite impressive!
We practiced catching the football today. He missed this one
but caught this one!
Heading out for a neighborhood walk tonight. I LOVE my double stroller!
Tonight when it was time to get ready for bed, we let Cole lay down in Eli's bed. Eli loved it and climbed in to go to sleep. He got under the covers and told me to turn the light off. He wanted Cole to sleep with him. We let them play for a while and it was the cutest darn thing.
Cole trying to grab Eli
Oh my sweet boys!
More playing - these two just laughed and giggled until I took Cole to his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment