Sunday, February 21, 2010

Catching up

Haven't posted a lot this week because there wasn't that much going on - I worked from the couch every day with ice packs on my knees trying to speed up recovery. Mid week I ditched the crutches and have been working on my flexibility and stretching every day as well as walking (hobbling) around. Hoping that I'll see a big difference in another week (crazy that last week I could barely move!).

We had a great weekend. Stayed close to home and just hung out. Eli & Cole were both in great moods and that made it a lot of fun. Eli told me many times this weekend "You're my best buddy every Mommy" and it was always followed by a hug. Only today did I learn that he's been telling Daddy that he's his best buddy ever too! Eli has also started telling us that he loves us on his own. It's so sweet for him to come up, give me a hug and tell me he loves me - for no reason! Now, I know that one day he'll be mad at me for something and tell me just the opposite so I'm soaking it in while I can!!

Friday night, Eli & I made some yummy cookies. Saturday was home chores, laundry, making baby food, Tim & Eli picked up sticks in the yard and went on a bike ride later in the afternoon. Today the boys all went on a walk around the neighborhood while I did some chores and then, Tim & I had a special date afternoon. We went to see 'Valentine's Day' and really enjoyed the movie and the time together. We definitely don't get away enough!

The worst part of the weekend was when I dropped my digital camera (I did this also in early 2008). I dropped it while it was on so it jammed up the lens. I got it to work sort of but the pictures were blurry on the left side of the lens. So I have limited decent pictures from the weekend - lots of fuzzy ones though!

The weekend was really great. Like I said, the boys were sweet and wonderful. I'm feeling better and we seem to have been in a good grove as a family. We even got some sleep!! Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Now we're getting geared up for the work week ahead.

Headed out on a bike ride
Cole got into playing Monster Trucks with Daddy & Eli
Sweet Eli hanging in our bed pillows
Daddy & Cole - Tim's almost smiling
Hanging in the garage playing on bikes
Cole's first time swinging - wheeeee
Swinging with Daddy
happy happy happy

No comments:

Post a Comment