Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekend with the Grandparents

This weekend we started our three weeks of family visits for the Christmas season - something I'm really looking forward to. Grandma & Grandpa N came to visit us for the weekend to see the boys and hang out with all of us.

First things first, Friday morning I had an appointment with an orthopedist about my knees. I have arthritis in my knees and it turns out that a lot of my problem is actually my knee caps. I have cartilage build up under them and they also don't track properly. Looks like I'll be scheduling arthroscopic knee surgery for late Jan / early Feb. Physical therapy hasn't helped me in the past and based on my problems, cortisone injections will be useless. Something fun to look forward to huh?

Friday afternoon, Tim's parents arrived and all of us hung out together and had a nice pasta and meatball dinner. I think we all fell asleep pretty early - they were probably tired from travel and I was tired from trying to get a million things done that day.

Saturday morning I took Eli to the "Y" while Cole stayed with Grandma and Tim worked in the garage with his dad. It was a good thing that Cole stayed home because they had a case of hand / foot / mouth in the baby nursery at the "Y". I took a spin class while Eli played with friends. It was a nice to get a little exercise in. Once we got home, Eli had snack and Tim's mom, Cole & I ran out to see if I could find something to wear for Tim's work Christmas party (that night) - no luck there. Saturday night, Tim & I went to the President of his company's house for their Christmas gathering. It was nice to see Tim's coworkers again and also have some kid-free time. After that, we stopped by a neighbor's Christmas party and said hi to all our neighborhood friends. We got home pretty early to find out that Cole gave Grandma a hard time going to bed. Eli, who we were worried about, went to bed easy but Cole was tougher.

Sunday, we had a nice breakfast and hung out for a bit before Tim's parents headed home. Eli and I then put together and decorated a gingerbread house. Not too much else that day but family hang out time.

Eli & Daddy swinging - had to get Eli out to burn some energy off!
Baby Cole swinging with Sophie
Eli & Grandpa - Monster Trucks of course!
Cole hanging with Grandma
Tim & I before heading out to his Christmas party

No comments:

Post a Comment