Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a wonderful weekend

As usual, things have been very busy around here! We had such a great weekend. Saturday morning, Eli & I went to the YMCA where he played in the childcare and I did a spin class. He seemed to have fun playing and making new friends. On the way home I told him that Grandpa & Grandma were coming to see him. His response "How 'bout Ryan?". I kept telling him Grandpa & Grandma but he was only concerned about his friend. Well, imagine our great surprise when Ryan was waiting for us when we got home! Eli was so excited to see his friend and they enjoyed some play time in the back yard. Tim's friends Preston & Maria stopped by to see us as they were up for the day for the NC State football game and had not met Cole or seen our house. It was great to visit with them. Just as they were leaving, Grandpa & Grandma N arrived. Whew - what a revolving door!! The afternoon was a treat for me as I was able to go to the fabric store alone. I felt guilty but admit I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Saturday night we had a great dinner of fresh Spanish Mackerel (caught Friday) and ended up going to bed early.

Sunday was another treat. Tim & I took Eli to Umstead for a bike ride while Grandma watched Cole and Grandpa worked in the yard. (A little side story here: I very much enjoyed riding with my boys but I did not enjoy the work of the ride. It was mentally tough. In my head, I'm still the same girl who raced mountain bikes and was pretty good at it. Now it's like starting over with 35+ extra pounds and my body can't do what I remember doing. That's hard. I know it takes time but that doesn't make it any easier and it definitely doesn't make me any more patient!) Tim, of course, pulled Eli in the trailer and we had such a great family ride. The first half was tough for me, the next 1/4 I really enjoyed and the last 1/4 was tough heading uphill back to the truck. Eli seemed to enjoy his Mommy / Daddy time and had fun riding in the trailer. Sunday after nap, we went on a family trip to Target and just hung out.

We really enjoyed our weekend. We had fun with Tim's parents and are very thankful for all their help. We were able to get things accomplished AND have a lot of fun!

Thursday going for a walk with Mommy - hanging in the stroller big boy style!
Preston & Maria
Eli and Grandma playing blocks - they were building a garage for his car
Grandpa & Cole
Family self portrait pre-ride Sunday
Eli and Belle - popcorn watching 'Cars' Sunday after nap
Such a sweet little face =)

No comments:

Post a Comment