Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend - Part 1

Long weekend = Long post so I'll break it up into two. 
First off, Happy Memorial Day everyone. Hope you're enjoying it!
Here's how we spent the first half of ours:

Friday - It was a rough work week and I was supposed to have the day off but, as things go sometimes, that didn't happen. I was bummed but the day ended well as I had a facial at 3:45 pm and Tim picked up Eli after work. For an hour, I was super relaxed and enjoyed my pampering. We then hung around the house for a bit waiting for Grandma C to get here. Grandpa C went on his annual fishing trip so Grandma came up to give Tim & I a break. After dinner and a quick bath for Eli, Tim & I took off to Barnes & Noble to just walk around. We got home about 8:30pm and Eli was still awake. He was in "Mommy mode" and didn't want to go to sleep without me. It took less than 5 minutes of me in his room and he was asleep. 

Saturday - We spent the morning doing stuff around the house. Tim & I worked on 2.0's room (or "Baby's Room" as Eli calls it) and finished up a few things - hung a shelf, changed out crib brackets and moved the mattress up. Eli was very interested in baby's room and wanted to play in there while we were working. Tim then did some yard work while I just did some house chores. At lunch, Tim & I disappeared and went to see the new 'Night at the Museum' movie. It was pretty good. I must admit, I was tired so I think I dozed a few times. oops! We came back and discovered Eli & Grandma having more fun playing. Eli, Grandma & I decided to go try out the pool. We joined a pool for the summer (something I never thought I'd do but oh how things change!). Eli had fun in the water and playing on the playground. We must have been there an hour and a half. Grandma C went home not too long after we got back from the pool and then we just tried to have a relaxing evening. 

Some pictures from Friday / Saturday - more from Sunday / Monday to come...

In the ball pit - check out the mohawk Daddy gave him
Where's Eli? Where's Grandma? 
Ready to play in the pool
Eli & Mommy
Hanging in the house with his new friend, Addison (she was so cute!)
Cooling himself off
One last photo with Grandma - Eli was cheesing for the camera, just the wrong direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment