Sunday, May 10, 2009

a very Happy Mommy's Day

The best part of Mother's Day happened just a little bit ago. Eli actually told me "Happy Mommy's Day". That coupled with a hug made me melt and topped off a great day. It still seems strange to me that I'm actually celebrated today where I have always celebrated my wonderful Mom and wonderful Mother-in-law. 

So here's my special day in review. Tim took Eli on a bike ride at Umstead first thing to give me some quiet time. I was able to have a mug of hot chocolate and read the paper, do a few house things and then read some of my book. When they finished their ride, I met them at Bob Evans for a late breakfast. It ended up being lunch by the time we were seated and eating. Eli did so great with the wait and eating. Back home we took naps and then Eli + I went for a walk to meet Carol + Ryan. After some playground time, we walked back to our house and Eli + Ryan played. I managed to get in over 2 miles walking so I was very happy with that. The boys ran around playing for a while and then we let them jump on the trampoline next door. Ryan had to go home for dinner and we had a nice family dinner ourselves. 

Now it's nice and quiet again - Tim is putting Eli down for bed and letting me just chill. I would say that I wish every day were Mother's Day but around here, it kinda is. Tim is so great to me and does a lot to help out. He's so encouraging when I get upset about some little thing (Eli, work, whatever) and he jumps in whenever I need a hand. We said a long time ago that we're the tag team champions of the world - and we really are. I just hope we're ready for tag teaming two boys!!

Mommy loves her sweet little boy
Sharing Mommy's water - he kept saying "cheese" to Tim so he'd take our picture

No comments:

Post a Comment