Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Happy New Year everyone - Welcome to 2009!

Today was a fun day for our family. Last year we did a 5k and at that time said we'd do it every New Year's. Well, it was VERY cold this morning so we opted to not go to the official 5k BUT Eli & I did our very own 5k around the neighborhood. We got all bundled up - Eli in his snowsuit with the shield on the stroller - and off we went. Proud to have started the new year off with a little exercise.

For lunch we, along with apparently multiple other area parents, went to Chick-fil-a. We let Eli play in the play area for the first time and he really had fun with his new friends. He wasn't sure about going down the slide so Mommy had to go up and slide with him. Then a quick trip to REI and Babies R Us and back home for nap. Kind of a low key family day.

Been thinking about what 2009 is going to bring us. I've deemed it the year of chaos for us - adding a baby to our house is going to be crazy, not to mention that Eli will turn 2. But I've also started focusing on a word for the year. A scrapbooker whose blog I follow always chooses one word for her year and tries to let that help guide her. I think I've chosen "Simple" for me this year. I need to learn to keep things simple and focus on what matters most to me and my family. We don't make resolutions in our house (don't believe in them) but I do think keeping my word in mind will help me as I go throughout the year.

What will your word be?

Bundled up for our New Year's Day 5k

Now you can see Eli snuggled in there

No comments:

Post a Comment