Tuesday, January 20, 2009

(Not so) Fun Snow day

I know that we're not the only ones around dealing with sick kids and being cooped up inside (sorry Amy and SDS) but man, it sure sucks. I was soooo hoping that we'd have a good day with Eli and get to enjoy his first snow. That wasn't his plan. He has still been running a high fever and pretty much sleeping off and on all day. It bothers me that he's so lethargic and won't eat. He had a few moments of energy when he first got up this morning (thank you Daddy for sleeping with him last night so I could get a little rest) but those were brief moments and then we were back to the painful wails and crying. It was so cute to see him when he saw the snow. He kept wanting to look out the windows and saying "snow". We did try to go outside and you'll see how that went for us - not so good. Looks like he'll be home again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be Day 4 or 5 of this thing (I can't remember when he was normal last) and doc said if he's not doing better to come back. Viruses suck. I'd rather have the worst flu in the world than my little dude be sick.

This shouldn't all be negative. The snow IS beautiful and it has been forever since we've had snow here. Tim + I did enjoy seeing it today and it was neat to see all the neighborhood kids playing. Pictures.....

Checking out the backyard snow

Not liking it at all
Still not liking it - TAKE ME INSIDE!

Our front yard

The back yard

No comments:

Post a Comment