Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cookies for breakfast

Last night was a pretty rough night. Eli was restless here in the hospital and as soon as he'd fall asleep, they'd come in to check his temperature, listen to him or do something. Tim & I didn't sleep too well but that's to be expected. This morning he has had about an hour and a half of decent energy where he wasn't just laying on one of us. That brings me to the cookies. I was going through my trusty snack bag to see if I had anything he would eat and he went for the Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. He ate 2-1/2 cookies. So great to see him eating anything!!

Right now Eli is happily sitting up in bed watching 'Bob the Builder' finishing off a cookie. The doctor just came in and they're happy with his progress. Going to do a test for rsv to see if that's what it is. Also going to do some chest therapy (basically pounding his chest) to break up some of the mucus and junk. The compounding issue of dehydration seems to be getting better.

I do have some pictures but no way right now to upload them so maybe when I run home I'll get them posted. The good news is that we're making progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment