Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Running and Rolling into 2008

Welcome to 2008 - Happy New Year!!

Although we did nothing last night (we followed Eli's mood and just stayed home, laying low), we had a great time today celebrating 2008.

The running: Tim, Eli & I did the Resolution Run 5k. My original plan was to walk the entire thing and finish in under 50 minutes. Well, I learned today that I still have a competitive spirit in me. I started looking at other participants and realized that even though I haven't run in well over a year, I could finish before some of them. Bad of me, I know, but I just couldn't help it. So Tim & I started the 5k at 9am. Me pushing Eli in the jogger and Tim asking a million times if I needed him to push. Being as stubborn as I am, my answer was always a polite no. We ended up running more than I expected and only walked the uphills. The great thing was that the last .6 miles to the finish line was downhill! So, we did our 3.1 miles in 39:54 - averaged 12:42 min/mi. I was pretty darn happy with that. Our first event as a family and Eli got his first medal for finishing! There was a kids' run after and one of my friends was the race director so he gave Eli his own medal for finishing the 5k. How cool is that?! 4 months old and did his first race. He seemed to enjoy it and was smiling when it was over.

The only bad part of the 5k was when I dropped our digital camera on the brick pavers after we finished and broke it. I was (and still am) so upset with myself over that; it seems like everything I touch these days breaks. It's past being repaired so we've got to shop for another one. Ugh. We did capture some good pictures before I dropped it so once I retrieve them from the memory card, I'll post some.

Now the rolling: Eli rolled over this evening for the first time! It was so cool that Tim & I both got to see it. It will probably take him a while to repeat it but we're happy we saw the first one. With him in daycare, we worry about missing this kind of stuff.

Oh yeah, the boy's getting some teeth too! I can feel at least one coming in on the bottom right side. Crazy how things are starting to happen. =)

So all in all, it has been a big start to 2008 for us. No resolutions here except to enjoy our time as a family and be the best parents we can be. It's a tough job and big challenge but Tim & I are "tag team champions of the world" and together we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment