Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week Seventeen: 4/27-5/3

A week of school, tooth fairy, little boy shenanigans and a campout. Hold on for the ride....

MONDAY: My Grandma S's birthday. We lost her in January and I thought about her a lot today. I know that she is celebrating in Heaven and smiling down on me. 

The boys had been making videos with the iPad and it was hilarious to watch. They are quite the little comedians; you never know what is going to come out of their mouths. 

TUESDAY: Had to sign Cole out of school to have two teeth removed. He did great with having them extracted so this Momma sent him back to school. BIG mistake. He had never been numbed before so chewed his lip slam up because he couldn't feel it. Mother of the Year right here, yes sir. I felt awful!! It was so swollen and chewed up by the time I picked him up from school. Note to self: If any more teeth have to come out, stay home with them!!
TV in the ceiling...can I have this in my room?! 
Two baby teeth gone, his first two. 

WEDNESDAY: Cole woke up to a big fat lip and to see that the Tooth Fairy had come to visit...and been VERY generous. Guess having them extracted and a fat lip gets you more money. =) 
The door hanger was on his door and Tooth Fairy left receipts for his teeth. 
Big Fat Lip  =(
This car parked SOOO close to me at work that I had climb in on the passenger side and climb over to the driver's seat. Really?!!

THURSDAY: Hmmmm, I don't remember. School....that's all I remember. 

FRIDAY: Eli and Daddy went on a Scout campout for the weekend which left Cole with me for a Mommy & Cole weekend. We had fun together crafting, going to the movies and playing. 
Friday night we built Sleepy the Dinosaur a house. 
Saturday we went to see 'Home' together - cute movie. 

It seemed like we were going to have the entire theater to ourselves but some other people eventually showed up. 
Fat lip can't keep this boy from movie popcorn!!

CAMPOUT: While Cole & I were hanging together, Tim & Eli were roughing it Scout-style in the woods. 
Their tent is the one on the left. 
Daddy's got to have coffee (I think he made some friends with it too!)
Saturday morning, pancakes for breakfast. 

A little kickball action - super nice weekend! 


Fort on the property
Very old cemetary

Eli taking on the Scoutmaster

BSA Ship

They're floating away....

Saturday night campfire


Flag retirement ceremony
And Eli was toast! Sleeping bag Sleeping boy. 

Campout weekends are exhausting. Truck ride home. 

SUNDAY: Cole was super excited to have Eli home. These two...man, they sometimes act like twins. They do not know what to do without each other - and I love it! I love that they're so close and miss each other. 
Reunited!
Knife safety lessons and whittling practice with Daddy.



Sunday afternoon, we had Week 3 of the Healthy Kid Running Series. 
Silly...pure silly

Cole's race

I had a front row seat to this action unfolding....someone fell
and took down a bunch of other little boys.
Cole was a trooper, got up and kept going


Way to finish strong Cole!!

Eli's race - this week he finally realized he needed to start in the center instead on the very edge.


Happy Finisher. 
After the run, we scooted over to our friend John David's church and support him in their Children's Musical. It was so much fun. 

Three Amigos - Kyle, John David and Cole
Cole, Anna Kate, Kyle and John David - super sweet kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment