Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week Thirteen: 3/24 - 3/30

The fun thing about doing the blog as "Project Life" is that I can remember all the fun normal everyday things we do. Life is to be celebrated and even though we all run into bad / hard days, life certainly is good! 

This week.......some of the regular stuff, Scouts on Monday night for Eli and Tim. Tuesday morning, Eli had to get a little cavity filled. I worried that it would be a scary experience for him but they had a tv on the ceiling! He got to watch a movie while getting dental work done! Why can't they do that for grown ups? And I'll take a side of Nitrous with my next dental work too. =) 

Laid back in the chair waiting for the dentist - see the tv way up there?! He got to watch 'Frozen' while his cavity was filled. 
Glad he doesn't freak out at the dentist. 

Wednesday night, I tried a GravityFit class with my friend Becky. The unfortunate thing is that the class started at 8:30pm and was an hour long. That put me up way past my bedtime that night! Defy Gravity has this class after they close each night (and on Saturday mornings before they open) and I was excited to try it out. It was a much harder workout than I expected! 6 minutes in, Becky & I looked at each other and were certain we'd fall over before class was over. Thankfully it wasn't constant jumping and we did other exercises too. Some tough arm work doing push ups and planks on the trampoline. It was a great workout and even though we jumped a bunch, it didn't hurt my knees since the trampoline was a forgiving "floor". I realized how much of a workout it was on Friday morning when literally my rib cage fat hurt!! Definitely want to go do it again sometime. I was also excited to check out the place because this is where Eli wants to have his birthday party (and the verdict is YES!!). 

There was a section of square trampolines in front of the instructor. We were on these rectangular ones - one person per trampoline. 
YAY!! Becky & I made it through class. 

The boys had swim Thursday night and Friday was a busy day. I was subpoena'd to testify in a Federal Civil Suit stemming back to a mediation I was part of at my previous company. The good news is that I got a little break from leaving the house early so I had an hour in the house to myself!! The bad news is that I testified for SIX hours with only three 5-minute breaks. LONG day! If the case ends up going before a jury, I was told that I'd get a plane ticket to Chicago....probably in January. Lovely. Just where I want to be in the dead of winter. Some other details of our Friday......
The boys are like tornados. I snapped this picture to show the pre-school morning mess they left me. Our house only stays picked up when they're sleeping....but there's plenty of time for a clean house later. =) 
Eli's school is doing "Art to Remember" for a fundraiser. I am such a sucker for my kid's artwork! How could I not buy something?! Look at that awesomely cute underwater scene Eli created! 
Friday night a little peeler bead action. Cole & I were in the dining room
and Eli made a huge mess in the kitchen. 
Nice bowl head Eli - Yo Yo!!
Bedtime silliness and dancing in the bathroom before brushing teeth. 

I took these pictures in the mirror to catch Cole's faces. 
He's not the biggest tooth brushing fan but we've come a long way from when he would gag on us when we brushed his teeth (and he also threw up at the dentist when they did).

Saturday was a busy fun day without many pictures. We went to the Y in the morning. Cole's soccer game was cancelled due to rain so I did a swim and Tim lifted. After lunch, Cole's friend Wyatt (and his Mom) came over to play. It was great because the boys played upstairs nicely and Jenny & I were able to hang out on the couch and chat. I don't take much time to slow down and hang out so it was long overdue for me! Tim ran a few errands and ended up finding a bookcase for Eli's room and as soon as we got in in there, Eli took it upon himself to set all his stuff up on it. He was so proud! 
Big boy and his new bookcase

Today was a super fun day. After church, we picked up Eli's friend Evan and brought him home with us for the afternoon. I remember growing up that going home with someone for the afternoon after church was such a treat. The boys each made their own lunch (homemade pizzas), they played A LOT and then we made cookies. Eli was the "Ingredient-er", Evan was the "Instruction-er" and Cole just wanted to eat chocolate chips! It was so much fun making cookies with three sweet helpers. We even introduced Evan to the joys of cookie dough!! 


Making their pizzas

Such great buds!! Evan is kinda like the 3rd Nelson boy. =) 
All our pizzas
They were really yummy (and easy) - we'll definitely do this more often! 
Introducing Evan to Perler beads. He made an awesome octopus creation to take home. (As I type this, it sounds like summer camp at our house. I assure you it is not all the time! Just keeping them busy.)
Who wouldn't want these helpers in their kitchen? 
Watching it go 'round and 'round. Waiting semi-patiently for their cookie dough. 
Nice hot chocolate chip cookies - YUM!
Oh yes....this Tiger Cub Board. Tim "volunteered" to do a board for the Den meeting tomorrow night. He said he was just going to throw some pictures on the plain white tri-fold board he bought. Seriously?! This former scrapbooker was NOT going to let that happen. So tonight, I did my own "project" and made the board for tomorrow's Den meeting. Some of the other parents emailed pictures and somehow it just all came together. I must confess I was annoyed at Tim for waiting until the last minute but I think it turned out pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment