Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week Ten: 3/3-3/9

Wet. And Cold. And Wet. And Icy. That pretty much sums up the icky week. UGH!!

Monday Eli's school dismissed 3 hours early so I picked him up at 12:45 and then we made a quick stop by the library to get new books. Tuesday school was cancelled again! With all the makeup days, the school year may never end.....but we made the best of it. It was kinda nice to be bummy at home. I managed to get a little work done and Eli managed to watch way too much tv! Our new rule is that the boys can only watch tv on the weekends. That's mainly for Cole because he's too attached to tv but it has to be for both boys when Cole's home. 

Eli had to go to school all day Friday instead of the Early Release day - starting to make up a little time. I really don't remember a winter this bad for missing school. But as Eli's principal calls it, these are "credit card" days. The kids get to enjoy them now but will pay for them later! 

With all the rain and bad weather, Cole's 2nd soccer game was cancelled. We kinda thought it might. The fields were too wet to handle five continuous hours of kiddo soccer games. The afternoon warmed up a bit so Tim and I took turns going on bike rides. He went first and then I went later in the afternoon. We both had bike computer troubles so neither of us know how far or how fast we went (and we did the same route!). I'm fairly certain he was faster at it than me but let's just pretend I was faster this once. =) 

The time change happened last night and we're really looking forward to more daylight after work. Hopefully that will mean more activity and family walks or rides. Of course, we need some warm weather to go with the daylight!! 

Walking and reading his new book - Eli's all into the 'I Survived' books now. He really wanted to find one after seeing a buddy at school with one. As he was naming off different books, one of them was 'I Survived 9/11'. I asked him in the truck if he knew what happened on 9/11. Of course he didn't and he asked me. So I tried to explain the evil of that day to my 6-1/2 year old. As terrible as that day was, I've never really cried about it. But trying to explain to Eli that some evil men flew an airplane into buildings to hurt people was really hard and got me quite emotional. I told him that it was a terrible terrible day and some really mean men did bad things. As he gets older, I know there will be more conversations about it and he will find it hard to believe that his Mom and Dad very vividly remember that day. Let's hope we don't have to witness anything like that again in our lifetime.
One of their top favorite pastimes....... studying the Lego catalog. Oh my Lego loving boys!
My bike computer went haywire and I was able to catch a picture of me going 85.3 miles an hour. I actually saw 90mph but couldn't get a picture in time. So with this new speed record, I probably WAS faster than Tim today!! (For the record, my computer was all crazy so the fastest I probably really went was 20mph. The fastest I've ever been was almost 50mph coming off Mount Mitchell. Not sure anyone has ever really gone 90mph on a bicycle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment