Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week Eleven: 3/11-3/16

A much nicer brighter week! The boys and I had a great time Tuesday night going on a picnic at the airport while Daddy went on a bike ride. Everyone was super happy and tired at the end of the night! 

Wednesday night I had a haircut appointment and when it was over, about 7pm, the craziest thunderstorm came through. There was a distinct rain line and it POURED! I was so happy to get home. 

Friday night, Tim and Eli went on a Scout "Go See". This one was a Scout hike and marshmallow roast. We weren't sure if siblings could go so Cole and I made plans to go out to dinner with his friend Wyatt and his Mom (my friend Jenny). We had a great dinner out at Red Robin and the boys had a great time. Cole and I ran over to BJ's after and got home after Tim and Eli! 

Saturday morning was super early soccer day. Cole's team had pictures at 8am and practice / game at 8:30am. Tim took Cole for pictures while Eli and I got the rest of our stuff together. I was "Snack Mom" today so I had a ton of stuff to take. Plus, Eli (and Daddy) made Cole's team a sign for the games. Picture day would happen to be on the day I have snack! When we got to the field, Tim said Cole was running around, playing, having a good time with his team. He even started stretching and practicing with his team. One of their drills was to dribble the soccer ball and then kick it into the goal. Cole had been having a super awesome time but when he didn't get the ball into the goal, he fell apart. Like seriously fell apart. And after that, he refused to do anything. It was super epic meltdown. So bad that Tim took him home. Eli and I stayed to cheer on the Watermelons (they were playing the Limes - a ringer of a team I tell you!!). Eli did great during the game and held up his sign cheering on the team. Too bad Cole wasn't there to see it! Mommy, as you can imagine, was not happy how the soccer game went down. It put me in a bad mood all day. And I was so annoyed at myself. It was a gorgeous day and I was annoyed that I was annoyed. Since the boys didn't want to go to the library with me, I went by myself. And that was fabulous! I got new books for the boys and even had time to look for and check out a book for myself!! Then, I went on a solo trip to Target. Those two together took me out of my funk and helped my attitude. =) 

Once I got back Saturday, we decided it was too nice to stay inside so we had dinner out on the picnic table. The boys were all over the place and surprised us with their engineering minds. I took a video but had trouble getting it to post. Cole stood on top of the Cozy Coupe then sat on his blue swing and took off. They took turns doing that and trying to crash into the tree. Boys! 

Today I taught Cole's class at church - but minus Cole. I teach his class the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month. This morning, Tim and the boys hung out at home and took an easy morning. They came to the 2nd service so we could all go to church together. It was weird not having Cole in my class but he had fun the 2nd service. This afternoon I went to a 2:15 spin class with my friend Kara and then met up with Tim and the boys for family swim time. Eli and Cole love our swim time on Sunday afternoons and we love it because it means tired boys and easy early bedtimes! 

Chick-fil-a picnic at the airport
I didn't tell the boys about it ahead of time
but they were super excited at my plan!
Cole was so sweet. He saw this and he said "Mommy, look at the beautiful sunset!". 
Wednesday night the storm line on my way home. I had to take a picture at the stop light. Just after this the bottom fell out!
My Wolfpack boys Friday morning ready for the ACC tournament
Hold those Wolfies high!
GO PACK!!
Super cute dinner dates for Friday night - Cole and Wyatt. They did so awesome. Cole even ordered his own dinner!!
Our little soccer cutie
Go Watermelons! Isn't this sign awesome?!! I did the block lettering and it was all Eli's idea to make it look like real watermelons. I love it!
We started off really great kicking the ball before the game 


 Stretching before practice
Dribbling and running toward the goal 
and here's where it fell apart. When he missed the goal in practice. =( 
Eli held up the Team sign and we cheered
He sat on the end that the Watermelons were supposed to run to so they'd know which goal was theirs. 
After the game, Tim worked in our garden.  
He tilled up the ground between our two beds. Planning to make our garden bigger this year. Wish us luck!
This cracked me up in Target. A 2-pound chocolate bunny. He was $20!! I posted it on Facebook and Uncle Billy said it was perfect for him to get the boys. I threatened him and reminded him that Aunt Evia has PLENTY of time to spoil Connor (and payback to Uncle Billy!!). 
Saturday night outdoor dinner (notice Cozy Coupe that was used as a jump base for the tree swing).

No comments:

Post a Comment