Monday, October 22, 2012

When Daddy's away....

This weekend, Tim went to the mountains with friends to go biking so the boys and I held down the fort at home and had a great weekend! The good news for Tim was that they were great for me and we had a lot of fun so I wasn't cranky when he got back home! 

Friday night - the boys wanted breakfast for dinner so pancakes and eggs it was! We watched a movie and hung out, it was great. I was worried about putting them both to bed but they made it easy. I read books to them together then spent a few minutes with each of them in their rooms and that was it. They didn't get up at all. It felt weird to be in the house without Tim and it be all quiet. 

Saturday - lazy morning at home then we went shoe shopping. That is always a quick process. We go to a local shoe store and I am extremely practical about their shoes. What fits, is in stock and doesn't light up. Pretty easy. This time, they actually ended up with the same shoes and they were thrilled! Next it was to the library - return and get new books. I was so proud of Eli. He asked the librarian on his own where the Magic Treehouse books were and she showed us so we could get the next one. My boys are getting so big!! Then, of course, we HAD to play on the playground. The boys had a lot of fun and I enjoyed talking to a few of the mothers there. It's always fun for me to watch the kids interact with each other and immediately make new friends. After the playground, we did the Chick-fil-a drive in for lunch and headed home. Miraculously, I got the boys to BOTH take naps.....at the SAME TIME!! They were worn out from our busy morning. After nap time (about an hour), it was time to head outside and rake leaves. I thought we would be all nice and rake the front yard and driveway for Daddy before he came home. Well, by the time he saw it, you couldn't really tell we had done it! But it's the thought that counts right? The boys loved running through my leaf piles and being silly. Once the lawn was raked, we headed in the back yard for more playing. Dinner, another easy bed time and I was one tired Mommy! Early bed time for me too!!

Sunday - the boys slept until 7am, seriously! I cooked cinnamon rolls and I swear, between the two of them, they destroyed an entire 8 pack of rolls! Cole preferred to eat the iced tops off each and Eli ate almost all of four by himself. My goodness....I keep seeing the grocery bill increase as they get older. We got ready for church and the boys were awesome headed to church, in church and after. It's amazing how their behavior is different when there's just one of us. We had lunch and then, the moment Eli had been waiting all weekend for - his friend Evan came to play! Evan had been really good and saving up all his "good stickers" to get his own Lego X-wing fighter and he was so excited to show Eli. The boys, all three of them, had a great time and played for hours. It was so fun to watch them. By the time Tim got home, dinner was just about done in the crock and the boys were sufficiently worn out. =) 

A great weekend for all. It was Tim's first weekend away from home without the boys and he totally deserved it! It went so well with me and the boys, I gave him advanced permission to do another boys trip in the Spring. 

Eli & Cole have been cracking us up with this "Rattly Bones" song from Sharky and Bones - Jake and the Neverland Pirates. 
They do the same dances the skeletons are doing - every single time it comes on. It's hilarious to watch. 

They found two of my headbands and insisted on wearing them as their Ninja headbands. 
Sweet boys, new shoes. 
Cole took the hard way to the slide - trying to climb like his monkey brother.
Told you he's a monkey!

Around....and around...
...and around....and around....
This was funny - Cole pushing Eli in what I call the flower seat. It WILL get you dizzy. 
Look at that face!!

Helping Mommy rake the driveway for Daddy.
Laying down on the job.
It was hard to keep them working
when there were leaves to jump and play in.
Eli's tree limb bazooka
Special package - two ninjas!
Handsome, ready for church.
Eli and Evan - such great friends. Now both X-wing owners. =)

2 comments:

  1. Mobley's Shoes rocks! We have been friends with Clifton for a long time. The whole family is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clifton's who helped us that day. They are all so great there. That's the only place I go for their shoes!!

    ReplyDelete