Sunday, June 10, 2012

a Normal weekend

We had a nice normal weekend this weekend. We spent a lot of time trying to tire out the boys (they have SO much energy!!) and just being together. 

Saturday morning I took a Summer Sizzlin' class at the Y - 1-1/2 hours, Zumba + Muscle. The boys played in Y care and Tim went on a road bike ride. When we all got back together, we went to the pool. Eli & Cole LOVE the pool. They got their water love from their Daddy! We played for a long time and then headed home for lunch. Thankfully the boys each took a long nap which allowed me to run errands. Then we spent the afternoon at home, playing outside and doing chores. 

Sunday morning, the boys had cinnamon rolls for breakfast while watching cartoons. Somehow that has become our Sunday morning breakfast / routine and they always ask for them. We went to church and made a quick trip by the flea market after church just to walk around and see what was there. We let the boys actually walk so it became a real quick trip! While Cole took a nap, Tim broke out his container of Legos......the ultimate treasure chest for Eli. He was BEYOND excited. There were knights, Star Wars figures and all sorts of Legos. I swear it must have kept him busy for two hours. That boy loves some Legos (good thing we have Legos planned for his birthday! Shhhhhhh!!). 

The weekend was good and it was really nice to stay close to home and just do normal stuff. Here's to another busy week ahead!

 PrePool snack time.
The Cole-man-fish
Eli-fish 
 Sunday morning snuggle and tv time
 Instead of pigs in a blanket, I've got Boys in Blankets. =)
Headed to the flea market - all my boys. They are my life - love all three of them so much!
 Eli saw the MOST amazing thing as we were headed home. He spotted this quasi rainbow in the clouds. My pictures do not do it justice. It was the most amazing thing I've probably ever seen in the sky. 
 Completely unexpected and not connected to anything, just beautiful colors in the clouds. 
 Daddy's Lego treasure chest!
 Cole even got in on the action when he got up from nap time.
 And I just HAVE to show this. Yes, I scored over 400 on Words with Friends and yes, I actually beat Tim too! (it was just a good lucky day but I'll take it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment