Monday, November 21, 2011

Rooms Re-Do (the start)

Tim hates when I get an idea. I think / ponder / google / pinterest / you name it, that idea. Then I set my plan in motion. Sometimes when it goes in motion, it's like a freefall back into orbit going so fast. Sometimes, it takes longer.

Last week I started pondering re-doing the boys bedrooms. That pondering led me to thinking / googling / pinteresting / etc. It also led me to Craigslist to look for bedroom furniture for Cole. Then the freefall back into orbit began! I looked Friday night, found an AMAZING mid century modern set, emailed back and forth with the lady on Saturday and we took it brought it home on Sunday! We absolutely love it and think that Cole now has the coolest furniture in the house. The set included a dresser + mirror, chest of drawers, nightstand and headboard / footboard / rails. We opted not to put up the bed at this time as it was a lot of wood in his little room but will save it for later. I have another bed idea brewing (another Craigslist find yesterday). I have ordered him bedding and have a paint scheme in mind. I had to promise Tim that I'd wait until after Christmas for the painting. For Eli's room, I found some fun plaid bedding and we took the car stickers off his wall. We'll paint different shades of blue and I have some great posters / artwork planned. I'm fairly sure anyone can guess his theme but you'll have to wait to see it when we're done.

Awesome 8 drawer dresser with attached mirror.
5 drawer chest plus a cool 2 drawer with a top open shelf nightstand. It's perfect!!
Eli's new plaid bedding and wall minus the stickers. Need to paint the walls a navy tone. Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment