Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Parade!

We ventured downtown yesterday to take the boys to the Christmas parade. We took Eli 3 years ago (pre-Cole era) and thought that we could handle going again. They're getting easier to handle being out.....well sometimes! We lucked up and got a great spot in amongst some families. We gave the boys freedom in front of us and they had fun with the other kids. The parents all kept an eye out and thankfully no one ran out into the parade! Eli and Cole had so much fun and keep talking about their favorite parts. They both loved all the bands and were dancing away to the music. By the end of the parade (over 2 hours!), they were tired little boys. The only naps they took for the day were driving so that made the evening a long one with lots of crankiness. It was totally worth it though. Here are some pictures of their favorite things.

Waiting and looking for the start of the parade.
Broughton High School band - one of many bands. They're actually playing in a Bowl game, I think it's the Rose Bowl!
Happy brothers.
They were SO excited to see the Lizard Lick Towing monster truck.
The group of BMX riders was fun.
Lots of cool stunts.
Eli keeps asking about the storm troopers. He thought they were really neat. And, if you don't know, storm troopers fight storms. That's what Eli told me. =)
The MONSTER shopping cart. Loved it!
Cool truck with flames.
Monster car with spinner wheels. Seriously!
Jump rope group.
Eli thought the double dutch and "jump flips" were cool. So did I! I told Tim that I used to be in the Kangaroo Club in school. He laughed at me.
Cole just chillin' in his chair.
Animal Balloon! I've never seen a balloon in person at a parade.
Scotty McCreery
I have to admit that I didn't watch American Idol but you'd have to live in a cave not to know who he is. I do love some country music!
The boys loved the little ponies. Thankfully no request to get one....yet.
World's Biggest Gummy Bear. This was hilarious because Tim & I had just watched 'Modern Marvels' about the guy who makes these - right here in town!
Cole's upper level view.
Balloon from the Nutcracker. I can't imagine how I'd be at Macy's Parade!
Gotta love a crane!
Cole being silly. I think he was trying to stay awake.
We love tractors too!
On to Mommy's shoulders.
I just had to laugh at this. A giant inflatable toilet.
Quick family shot.
Another band. Looking out for Santa.
And there he is! What a fun parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment