Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mommy's Birthday Weekend

What a great weekend! The boys did such a great job celebrating my birthday. Saturday morning, I woke up to gifts and cards before going to a class at the Y with my friend Kara. An awesome start to the day - gifts and a workout! When I got back from the Y, we hung out for a bit and then Carol & Ryan and Mike & Mary stopped by to say hi and wish me a Happy Birthday. Cole started falling apart while they were here so our plans of going to Chick-fil-a for lunch changed. Tim & Eli went to Chick-fil-a to grab us lunch while Cole napped. After lunch, everyone wanted to go with me to Joann's and Target. The boys decided to "keep it real" for me and act a little bonkers at the stores. No giving Mommy too much special treatment for her birthday! Eli napped late, Cole wanted none of it and then it was time for dinner. Tim grilled shrimp for me and we enjoyed a nice dinner.

Sunday morning, Tim had arranged for a baby sitter for the boys so we went on a road bike ride together. It was so nice to be out there together AND I rode great! I even beat Tim up this one long hill (always my goal but never reached until now!!). I told him that I channeled my inner Thomas Voeckler to beat him up the hill. BTW, we are LOVING the Tour de France being on tv. After our ride, we took the boys to Umstead to hike. We chose a short loop so they'd hike on their own feet. That worked great for Eli but Cole wasn't happy so he ended up Ergo'd on my back. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to be out in the woods as a family. Lunch and got the boys down for naps and then I went to Babies R Us with some great friends expecting their first baby and helped them navigate the "need", "might be nice" and "absolutely don't need" items to finish off their registry. It's amazing the things you learn in the first few years that you don't realize you know until you share it with someone!

All in all, it was a most wonderful birthday. I'm so lucky to have such a great Husband, wonderful boys, awesome family and thoughtful and amazing friends.

EARLY Saturday morning gifts - this one 'Gnomeo and Juliet" the movie.
Cole tried to hold my big present hostage.
Ahhhhh, love! My new GREEN Michael Kors purse. Amazing what Tim went through and the covert mission he had going on to get it.
Cutie Cole
My sweet Eli
Wonderful Hubs!
Cole versus Fudgesicle - I'll let you decide who won.
Cole studying up on his Monster Jam.
Bike ride with Tim Sunday morning.
Camelbak, check. Trekking poles, check. Eli's ready to hike!
My little hiker boy
Reading about trees with Daddy.
Cole in the Ergo - hiking the easy way....for him!
Grabbing a drink from Daddy's Camelbak
My boys
Eli's summit of the big rock
He climbed up there all by himself
After a while, Cole decided to hike on his own. Of course, we were almost finished!
Break right before the end
"I didn't do it"
That face!
Eli thought it was fun to get some water out of his Camelbak
and then spit it out everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment