Monday, September 6, 2010

What a weekend....

Whew, what a fun filled weekend. And I've got the battle scars to show it! Here is the photo of my eye, 24 hours after my cheek bone had an unfortunate encounter with Eli's hard head. It was swollen last night and today the bruising started. Going to be fun explaining this one to the folks at work!

Tim & I both agree that this was the single best weekend we've had as a family since Cole was born. Truth be told, we're usually super ready for Monday morning and getting a little break from the kids but this weekend, even with the little episodes here and there, exemplified how we want our family life to be. We were together, we were active and we were happy.

Today I took a camera break just to live in the moment and do things. This morning we loaded up and headed back to Umstead with the bike trailers. We did a total of 12 miles - I pulled Cole for the first 6 and then pulled Eli 6 miles back (he asked me to pull him when we took a break at the turn around point). I can't believe I did that! It was a great bike ride and the kids did very well. We're looking forward to many rides this fall and Eli will soon be on a tag-along, having to do some work not just hanging out in the trailer! After our ride, we treated ourselves to Chick-Fil-A, including ice cream. Oh that was such a treat!! During naps, Tim & I were able to get some chores done and then we did a family grocery run. Such a wonderful day. Now it's quiet and time for us to think about the week ahead. But maybe we'll take a break first and deal with reality in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment