Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a Tale of Two weekends

This past weekend, Tim took Eli to his parents' house and Cole & I stayed home and Grandma C came to visit. Both boys had a great weekend and got super spoiled with undivided attention. Here's our story:

Tim and Eli - the boys left out Friday evening and headed toward the coast. On Saturday, they all went to a local playground and had a lot of fun. Eli enjoyed climbing on the structures and running around. After nap, they went to Fort Macon and Eli got to run around on the beach and play in the tidal pool. I talked to them fairly early Saturday night and Eli was asking to go to bed (at like 7pm!!). Sunday, Eli took a trip to Walmart with Grandma & Grandpa N and got a new fish for the koi pond and also some new trucks to keep at their house to play with when we visit. Eli loved going out with Grandma & Grandpa alone. Tim hung out at their house and enjoyed the quiet time. And I'm told that Eli rode his bike some and really enjoyed hanging outside with Grandpa. They got home about 4pm Sunday and Eli was so happy to see me - as was I to see him. Tim doesn't take as many pictures as I do but here's what he brought home.

The Daddy-mobile with Tim and Eli's bikes on top.
At Fort Macon with Grandma & Grandpa.
I'm told that Eli had SO much fun playing in the water and running around.
Can't you tell by how soaked he is?!
Hanging with Buddha watching over the two fish that Eli has named Eli and Coleman.

Mommy & Cole - we had such a great weekend. Other than maternity leave, I've not really had any time alone with Cole so it was great to focus solely on him and not have wild man Eli fighting for attention. And Cole LOVED it! He loved playing with toys and not having them taken away. He loved having all my (and Grandma's) attention. He loved getting all the hugs and kisses and snuggles. And he just loved being with me. And I loved it. Friday night after Tim & Eli left, Cole & I took a long walk. He took a quick catnap on our walk and was ready to go when Grandma got here. We played for a bit and then it was bedtime. Saturday morning, I went for a quick swim and then we all went to the flea market. No luck finding anything there but Cole loved riding in the wagon and looking at all the people. When we got home, Grandma played with Cole while I cleaned and purged toys, clothes, anything I could find. Cole took a good nap as he was pooped from all the playing and attention. Sunday morning I went on a road bike ride while Grandma & Cole went on a walk. Cole's favorite things to do this weekend were blowing bubbles, climbing and sliding down the slide and swinging. He was happy to see Eli Sunday when he got home but I don't think he missed him very much because he had so much fun over the weekend.

Lots of bubble blowing this weekend.
Cole still goes to the sliding door and asks for bubbles - like every night now.
Cole kept trying to blow bubbles himself - he even did it a few times!
Climbing the slide with Grandma.
and then sliding down with her.
Cole cracks me up with his elephant. It vibrates when you push his nose and now Cole loves to put the ear in his mouth while it's vibrating. So funny!
happy swinging boy
Cole loved being the center of attention this weekend.
He got SO spoiled by Grandma. Gonna be tough to de-Grandma both boys.
Cole especially loved being able to push the big dump truck and Eli not take it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment