Monday, March 1, 2010

Play Dates for Eli and Cole moving up

A busy weekend around our house. For those of you that don't know, I hurt my back Thursday so that, along with still recovering knees, made things hard with the kids and put Tim on the spot again (have I mentioned that he's Super Daddy in disguise?!). Cole had to stay home from school on Friday so Tim stayed with him while I had my back worked on. We just hung out Friday night at home and had some family time.

Saturday Eli explored outside while he waited for his friend Noah to come over for a play date. It was so fun watching Eli & Noah play. Robin & I enjoyed the time to catch up and chat. It was also Cole & Kylie's first date - shhh, we haven't told Waylon yet! The boys played upstairs, downstairs and outside. Tim took them outside and let us have some rare time with just the babies. Lunch, some more playing and it was time for nap (hopefully Noah took a good one?). We got lucky and Cole & Eli napped at the same time so the house was quiet for a while. After nap, Tim took the boys on a walk and more play time. We're so glad our friends came to see us today - thanks Robin!

I love this picture because it shows the little boy Eli has become. Laying on the floor watching 'Word World'. Oh yeah, holding his monster trucks!
Eli & Noah playing together in the playroom
Our little cowboys
Look at those sweet babies!! They kept trying to hold hands but like good celebrities they never let the paparazzi catch it on camera. =)
Robin reading to all the kids
Outside Eli pushing Noah in the cozy coupe
Noah pushing Eli - that's some road side assistance!
a little "cheers" at lunch
Kylie was tired out from all the excitement
Gotta love boys and their matchbox cars
Working together on a puzzle

Saturday while the boys were playing, Tim upgraded Cole's car seat. No more bucket, moved on to a rear facing big boy seat. We didn't get to try it out until Sunday when we ran some errands. Also on Sunday, Ryan came over for a play date. Ryan and his family went to Canada to the Olympics so we missed them the past week and a half - it was great to see them and catch up with Carol. (Mommies need their time too!!) The boys played for a long time - inside and outside - and had a lot of fun.

Look at our little Cole getting big
This is my full back seat now - precious cargo
Eli got to take a special little ride in the way back of my truck (shhhhh)
Belle got a new bed this weekend - all soft and cozy
Eli & Ryan - adventure boys

Last night when I put Eli to bed, we had the funniest exchange. I told him that I loved him. Then a few seconds later, he asked "Do you love me Mommy?". My response "Yes, buddy, I love you very much" to which he replied "I love.....balls......and my blankie." I couldn't help but laugh!

Today Cole started in the Older Infant room at school - moving on up! He had a great day and was pretty pooped tonight at bed time. I got to juggle getting them both out of school without the bucket - thank you Ergo carrier! Here's a cute picture of Eli & Cole as we were goofing around tonight after dinner.

Two little boys in a bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment